1. Super typhoon Usagi is a hurricane-level typhoon that has formed over the Pacific with a path through Taiwan, the Philippines and possibly Hong Kong.
2. Winds were about 75 miles per hour Tuesday, and increased to more than 160 miles per hour by Friday.
3. It struck the Philippines’ northernmost islands Saturday, cutting communication and power lines, and causing landslides.
5. It is expected to hit Hong Kong Saturday evening.
- It's Day 2 of the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia. Here's what you need to know🇺🇸