1. Two things that should flair: dramatics and your pants.
Every day can be Throwback Thursday when you look the part. Try channeling the ’70s with earth tones, high-waisted pants, and the attitude of a woman who confidently says things like “Ya dig?”
2. Just like Michael Fassbender, monochrome will always be in style.
- Wanna feel like the star of a Parisian rom-com? Wear black and white.
- Wanna feel like a sexy criminal? Wear black and white.
- Wanna feel instantly chic without trying? Wear black and white.
Move past stripes and experiment with patterns and prints as Mindy does in this knee-length floral dress. And never be afraid to add a pop of color with a bold lip.
3. The only scary thing about multicolored prints is not having any in your closet.
You’re amazing and daring, and your approach to patterns should reflect that. Intricate prints are super stylish and a way for you to own whatever room you walk into.
4. Emphasize what your mama gave ya.
You’re hot, dammit! Embrace your curves and show ‘em off! Accentuate with cool colors and cuts that hug your figure perfectly.
5. Accessories are like air — you need them to live.
How you approach different accessories is similar to how you should think about your eyebrows — they’re sisters, not twins, and adult siblings that still dress alike outside of weddings are creepy. So try to pick pieces that feel coordinated but not super matchy-matchy.
6. Unleash your inner Beyoncé Pad Thai by powerclashing like the queen that you are.
Throw the old rules out the window and step into prints that say, “Hey world, I’m in charge here!” The key to rocking this look is tying together the different prints with a color scheme. The same goes for textures!
7. Much like love, opposites attract when it comes to colors.
You might be thinking to yourself, Purple and yellow? I don’t know. Won’t I look like I belong on a certain LA sports team? Fair. BUT also, trust: They work. Colors opposite each other on the color wheel are as complementary as your BFF after a few chardonnays.
8. Be like a boy band and coordinate.
Imagine your pants as the shy one and your top as the bad boy. You’d be hesitant to put them next next to each other, but when you do, it somehow makes sense. The key to nailing this trend is to choose colors and cuts that work for your body. Mindy’s peplum top and slightly flared pants show off her curves in all the right places.
9. Treat yourself to a coat that makes you feel glamorous AF.
A great coat will instantly upgrade any outfit and make you feel like a #boss. Turn heads with a bright color.
10. And if the shoes fit, buy them in every color.
::sounds of heavenly harping:: Good shoes tie everything together by emphasizing the cut and colors of your outfit or making a statement all on their own.
For more outfit inspiration from Dr. Lahiri herself, tune in to Season 5 of The Mindy Project, now streaming on Hulu.
Sponsored Advertising Content