It's no secret: having a pet dragon* would be great
1. You could take it for walks, and look like a total badass
All the dogs in the park would be like 'Whaaaaa…'
2. You'd also get to give it a cool name…
3. And you could teach it tricks
4. If you got a little one, you could take it to work in your pocket
5. Plus, there's the whole breathing fire thing
Which would be very useful for this…
The amount you'd save on heating bills means it would start paying for itself within a year.
6. Unless you bought an ice dragon, then it would be…
7. If you got a flying one, you'd never be late for anything again
8. Some breeds are actually able to sniff out treasure
9. Your other pets would soon get used to it:
10. If you get a breeding pair, dragons make pretty good mothers
But you have to be careful with the egg layers - they make nests in the weirdest places
Other reasons why we want a pet dragon…
11. Their skin is pretty much bullet-proof
And they shed it once a year, which means you can use their shed scales for things like roof tiles, or burglar-proof fencing. And it comes in a range of colours.
12. They're easy to feed
We're joking about the last one. Honest.