2. "I've been a captain before, obviously, but this is different." Umm, YEAH.
3. Lol. This guy is veeeery explicitly clear about his insecurity/what makes him likable. I know the person he's talking to is presumably his partner, but still, lol.
4. I wonder what his role as Captain America is supposed to be. Like, on a day-to-day basis, is he catching baddies?
5. "Two weeks ago, we were prepping the team for a special ops mission in Chile, and now this." Thank you, expository friend.
6. Why would people be on board with this guy being Captain America? Does he have superpowers? 'Cause that's really the whole thing, other than the symbol nonsense we're gonna hear so much about.
7. This very well-acted Good Morning America interview is a very well done way for us to get Fake Captain America's backstory.
8. "I followed his career very closely as an Avenger, and I like to think that I modeled my work after his." Hahahahahaha. Just laughed out loud. What does any of that mean in practice?
9. Yeah, if I'm Sebastian Stan, I'm very angry right now.
10. Oh wow, Sebastian Stan is here talking to Anthony Mackie! I assumed their reunion would be a big shiny moment.
11. Why did Anthony Mackie have that photo of the baddie ready to go on his phone? He took his phone out of his pocket, and boom, the picture's right there.
12. They're talking about "Redwing" as if it's a character, but...it's a part of Anthony Mackie's suit, right?
13. I guess they do fight androids, aliens, or wizards, but it's mostly the first two. I mean, at one point there's literally a person in a computer — my favorite Marvel thing ever, because it's so logistically wild and it's never addressed again.
14. Sebastian Stan NAILED, "I read The Hobbit, in 1937, when it first came out."