Last month, I made an award-nominated post* about movie endings people truly hated. Unsurprisingly, the comments were full of even more despised endings, so I decided to make a second iteration of the crap climaxes saga.
Here are 15 of the comments.
WARNING: Spoilers lie ahead.
1. "The Proposal. There is no way Ryan Reynolds's character should have ended up with Sandra Bullock's. She should have done the right thing and let him and his ex get together, and she should have accepted going back to Canada. But the two main characters just had to have the cliché ending."
2. "The ending of Split pissed me off. When he turned into that monster, I was like, 'I thought this movie was supposed to be set in reality, not some sci-fi bullshit.'"
3. "I recently watched the Disney movie Soul and while I did like it (mostly), I found the end to be underwhelming and not creative. Sure, he might have done something difficult and amazing, but I don’t think that should let you skive off death!"
4. "For me, it was Eyes Wide Shut! It makes little sense, it's a cop-out, and it doesn't drive the point home at all."
6. "I just re-watched My Fair Lady and I forgot how much the ending makes me want to throw my laptop out the window. The guy treats Audrey Hepburn's character like dirt the whole movie. Even though she calls him out repeatedly, he calls her stupid and ungrateful; he gaslights her; he has a whole song about how women are gobby, useless, idiotic creatures (not to even get into the double standards of them dubbing Audrey Hepburn's vocals but letting Rex Harrison just talk all his songs because he couldn't sing); and then in the final minute, SHE GOES BACK TO HIM."
7. "I remember being PISSSSSSED at the end of Remember Me with Robert Pattinson. The only thing I remember about the movie is the ending."
8. "Last Christmas. The ending was ruined by the audience, who caught the twist in the trailer."
9. "I Care a Lot. Wonderful movie, if a bit wild in the third act. But UTTERLY RUINED by the final 60 seconds."
10. "The Disney movie Teen Beach 2. OMG. I loved the first one and the second was so great until right at the end. They went through all of that to just not even remember it or each other? Fucking hated it."
11. "The Hunger Games. It was so soppy and nothing like Katniss’s character. It pissed me off for days!"
12. "Inferno. Wonderful book ending, terrible movie ending. It’s like they didn’t want to put ideas in people's heads so they tied it up with a bow and made Langdon look like the hero yet again."
13. "I will forever hate the ending of The Devil Wears Prada. Andy was at the peak of her career. It should’ve ended with the iconic phrase but instead, she quits and gets back with her boyfriend (who was the true villain BTW)???"
14. "The end of Glass. Specifically Bruce Willis's character’s ending. Loved that movie up to that last big scene."
15. And, "Mine is definitely La La Land. I loved the movie but the ending really upset me. I know it’s supposed to represent how sometimes things with people don’t work out but I don’t watch movies to be reminded of the real world. I watch movies to be happy with happy endings."
Note: Responses have been edited for length and clarity.