16 Fictional Characters People Hate With All Their Hearts
"I CANNOT stand him."
You know those fictional characters who get on your nerves and stay there, festering, until the end of time? Well, Reddit user u/CleverUseOfGameMecha asked, "What fictional character do you absolutely hate?" and received over 37,000 responses.
Here are just some of the characters people have confidently declared their hatred for.
1. "Mertle from Lilo & Stitch. She constantly picks on Lilo, and when she finally retaliates, Mertle plays the victim. I hate her with all my being. Fuck that little piece of shit."
2. "Arturo from Money Heist, but who doesn't hate him?"
3. "Bella from Twilight..."
4. "And Edward, too. He’s a complete stalker, and Bella, for some reason, likes that. I’m mad that I wasted my time reading the first book. Literally the entire thing is just Bella developing a crush on Edward, like, 'Oh no I like him, but he’s a vampire,' then finally, the action happens in the last few chapters, where some sadistic vampire hunts her down. By that point, I was rooting for him, not her."
5. "Charles Miner from The Office. I CANNOT stand him."
6. "Honestly, I think that Mr. Krabs in some of the later seasons of SpongeBob was one of the most pretentious, selfish, and borderline psychopathic fictional characters. How he tormented Plankton and abused SpongeBob’s ignorance really infuriated me."
7. "The Ice Age baby. That little shit still visits me in my dreams."
8. "Ezra Fitz from Pretty Little Liars. The whole teacher/high school student romance was gross and creepy, but the show framed it as this sexy forbidden romance."
9. "Izzie Stevens from Grey’s Anatomy, who somehow didn’t get fired for manipulating the transplant list and literally stealing a heart from someone who needed it."
10. "King Triton from The Little Mermaid. He inherited the kingdom through subterfuge and deceit, at the expense of his sister, and he's in general a terrible father. If nothing else, he had the ability to grant his daughter's wish and let her explore while under his protection and supervision, yet chose to admonish her and drive her away."
11. "That little smart-mouthed kid with glasses from The Polar Express."
12. "Tywin Lannister from Game of Thrones. His cold blue eyes told you he knew that what he was doing was awful, but his naked ambition justified it. Plus, he loved his wife, so he wasn’t a pure psychopath, making his actions all the more horrific."
13. "Ross from Friends. Acts like a quintessential nice guy and he pisses me off, especially in the later seasons."
14. "Leonard from The Umbrella Academy. I could see right through him from the start and I never saw what Vanya saw in him. I’m not going to spoil what happens to him, but I'm just happy that he got his comeuppance."
15. "Diane from Cheers. She nearly ruined every scene she was in for me."
16. And finally, "Boots from Dora."
Note: Answers have been edited for length and/or clarity.