1. Mandy Patinkin, who plays Saul Berenson, has said that his all-time favorite role is as "Inigo Montoya" in The Princess Bride.
2. Although we also think he did quite well as the dastardly villain Huxley in The Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland.
3. Claire Danes (Carrie Mathison) auditioned for—and almost was—Rose Dawson in Titanic.
4. Barack Obama is such a huge fan of Homeland, he invited Damian Lewis (Nick Brody) and his wife Helen McCrory to attend dinner at the real-life White House. Totally meta.
5. Navid Negahban (Abu Nazir) is a trained mime.
6. Jamey Sheridan, who portrays VP William Walden, was originally a dancer but took to acting after a knee injury.
7. Despite being an Englishman, Damian Lewis has portrayed American soldiers multiple times.
8. Although Dana Brody isn't exactly known for her extreme sport skills on the show, Morgan Saylor is a nationally ranked rock climber IRL.
9. After working with her in U-Turn, Oscar-winning director Oliver Stone wrote Claire Danes's recommendation letter for Yale.
10. Morena Baccarin (Jessica Brody) has said that she and Claire Danes went to junior high school together and even had the same homeroom.
Perhaps the real reason they don't get along in Homeland is because they didn't work well together on group projects.