1. A group of black students at the UCLA School of Law create this video called “33,” a reference to the total number of black students in the school’s 1,100-member student body.
Black students make up 3% of the law school student body, as compared to 13% of the nation.
2. In the emotional video, the law students share stories about their continued frustrations with their experiences inside and outside the classroom.
“I am so tired of being on this campus everyday and having to plead my humanity, essentially, to other students. I feel like an outsider constantly. I don’t feel like at my own school I can solely focus on being a student.”
7. Watch the full video here:
- Hillary Clinton made her debut with VP pick Tim Kaine, who dipped into Spanish and spoke on support for immigration reform and gun control.
- The gunman who killed at least 10 people at a Munich, Germany mall on Friday was an 18-year-old "obsessed" with mass shootings, police said.
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for a bombing that killed at least 80 people in Afghanistan Saturday.