Sometimes it's hard to tell what's going on at Tumblr...
Is this satire or a real life tumblr change?
...to put it gently.
But there are some things Yahoo can do to improve Tumblr if they take some time to listen to the community.
1. Here are some basics:
2. A re-evaluation of what's actually used might be useful.
3. Fix whatever is going on with audio.
4. A post-limit warning would be cool.
5. A BETTER SEARCH FUNCTION. Plus some Febreeze.
6. A way to get back to where you last were on your dash.
7. A serious look at the block feature.
8. Themes you can actually navigate might be nice.
9. A re-examination of what is default.
10. A way to avoid NSFW things popping up on your dash at the least opportune times.
11. Letting people know about random features that already exist.
12. A messaging system where you can actually see what you sent someone.
13. Relatedly, being able to search by media
14. Improving the creepy faux smile thing Tumblr does as they deliver bad news...
15. A way to order your followers.
16. An "Omni post" - Create photo/video/audio posts with titles all in one tool rather than 7 different tools.
17. Create photosets using URLs as well as uploads.
18. Pause/resume your entire queue with one click.
19. Sharing to specific audiences.
20. In addition to all these very important things, an "I feel your pain" button would be awesome.
21. Unnecessary letters should be looked at.
22. Tumblr should also be more vigilant about the hate that's in the Doritos tag
23. A reconfiguration of the QWERTY keyboard for optimized derping.
24. Tumblr not passive aggressively dismissing you even though all you do is love it.
25. And most importantly: an optimal selfie posting time detector.
Contact Heben Nigatu at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.