1. You definitely have a childhood photo of you looking cute in a jail cell.
2. You've ridden in a patrol car without worrying about being arrested.
3. You've also probably ridden a police horse.
4. You always thought having a K-9 officer for a pet would be awesome!
5. It's very likely you were a police officer at least once for Halloween.
6. There were always 21 questions before you were permitted to leave the house.
7. And when you finally got to leave, your parent would casually say that they have eyes everywhere.
8. You were never really nervous when the cops came to break up a party.
9. But you knew there was a real threat of your parent interrogating any potential date you bring home.
10. You know where you stand on the policeman vs. fireman debate.
11. There were many fashion statements you were not allowed to make.
12. Receiving a PBA card signified that your parent somewhat considered you an adult.
13. You've heard some pretty disturbing things at the dinner table.
14. Playing Grand Theft Auto was pretty much frowned upon...
15. You are very aware of the donut loving officer stereotype.
16. You were used to your police officer parent working all kinds of random hours and overtime.
17. You know the importance of gun safety.
18. And you know exactly what the "police stance" is.
19. You know the show COPS isn't so realistic.
20. And finally, although they're over protective, it's because they love us.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!