1. Okay, so you clock one standing around with their golf umbrella and clipboard.
2. Prepare to be cynical.
3. If you're finding that hard, just keep the word 'No' at the forefront of your mind.
4. Do NOT stop walking at any point.
5. Say 'No, thank you' in a bright and breezy tone, no matter what their opener is.
6. Be firm but polite.
7. If they're annoyingly persistent, channel ice queen extraordinaire Cersei Lannister.
8. Take all their patter with a tablespoon of salt.
9. Suspend any guilt you might feel as you escape their persuasive clutches.
10. And continue with your day!
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!