9. The way our country’s run is kind of ridiculous.
An MP is ‘held hostage’, the cellars of Parliament are searched for gun powder that isn’t there, the Queen makes a speech, and because of something Charles I did once we now pretend to not let some guy into Parliament for purely ceremonial reasons. This happens every year at the opening of the Houses of Parliament for no real reason whatsoever.
11. Our ability to create pointless celebrities is second only to the US.
We like exactly the same reality crap, there’s nothing particularly high-brow about the majority of British TV. Sherlock blah blah Downton Abbey blah quality programming blah. YES, I know, but change channel to ITV2 and you get an entirely different experience.
- The former Miss Universe pageant winner who Donald Trump called fat says he treated her "like trash." Now, she's fighting back.
- Senate Republicans said that Donald Trump should have attacked Hillary Clinton on the email scandal and Benghazi during Monday's debate.
- The FDA wants to define what "healthy" actually means on food labels 🍎