1. Scoop it real good!
2. Chocolate Cupcake In An Orange Cup
3. Here’s a video that shows you how to make it:
For the cupcake:
Chocolate cake mix
1/2 cup oil
1 cup orange juice
For the icing:
4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon orange zest, plus more for garnish
1 stick butter, room temperature
1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
1. Cut orange in half. With a paring knife, carefully cut along the entire edge. With a spoon, scoop out the “meat” and set aside in a bowl. Repeat for all oranges. This will yield 6 empty orange halves.
2. Juice the orange, reserve for the cake mix.
3. Pre-heat oven to 350°F/175°C. In a medium bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, oil and freshly squeezed orange juice. Mix until the batter has no lumps.
4. Place the orange cups into a muffin tin and fill with 1/4 cup of the chocolate batter.
5. Bake 25 minutes.
6. In a medium bowl, blend cream cheese, vanilla extract and orange zest until nice and smooth. Add butter and mix on medium high for a couple of minutes. Add powdered sugar and mix until the frosting is uniformly smooth. Put icing into a piping bag.
7. Let cupcakes cool down. Top the cakes with icing. Sprinkle extra orange zest on top for garnish.