1. Blooming Potato Bake
2. Here’s a video that shows you how to make it:
1 russet potato
1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 tablespoons butter, melted
¼ teaspoon salt
Pinch of black pepper
2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, shredded
1. Slice the top ¼ off the potato. Carefully cut a border ½ inch away from the skin making sure not to cut through the bottom of the potato.
2. Continue cutting smaller and smaller circles, never going through the bottom, until you have 3 circles about ½ inch inside one another.
3. Flip the potato over onto the flat side, and cut “petals” all around and all the way through, leaving an oval in the middle intact. It is important to cut through the potato so each layer can blossom once baked.
4. Bake for 30 minutes at 425°F/220°C.
5. In a medium bowl combine parsley, garlic, butter, salt, and pepper. Coat the potato and get as much as possible in between each layer.
6. Bake for another 30 minutes.
7. Add mozzarella and parmesan cheese on top and in between the nooks and crannies and bake for another 5 minutes or until cheese is light brown.
8. Pull apart each piece and enjoy!