Imelda Marcos, the former First Lady of the Philippines, was known around the world for her ridiculously massive collection of fancy footwear. But the collection of around 2,700 shoes is largely ruined by termites and water damage thanks to neglect by the museum that kept the collection.
2. Here’s how things look now:
In the 1980s, she and her dictator husband were driven into exile — but little could dampen her shoe appetite. As Marcos once said,
“Win or lose, we go shopping after the election.
- The Russian government agrees with Donald Trump's comments that NATO is "obsolete," which the president-elect made during an interview published Sunday.
- BuzzFeed News spent two months mapping Trump's personal and business connections — and found more than 1,500 in all.
- Eight billionaires — all men — together own as much wealth as the world's poorest 3.7 billion people, a new report has revealed.
- There's a new HBO show called "The Young Pope" and the internet is having fun with it.