Imelda Marcos, the former First Lady of the Philippines, was known around the world for her ridiculously massive collection of fancy footwear. But the collection of around 2,700 shoes is largely ruined by termites and water damage thanks to neglect by the museum that kept the collection.
2. Here’s how things look now:
In the 1980s, she and her dictator husband were driven into exile — but little could dampen her shoe appetite. As Marcos once said,
“Win or lose, we go shopping after the election.
- Bomb threats were called into Jewish centers in at least 13 states today, making it the fifth wave of threats since January.
- "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳
- The House Intelligence chairman denied that his call to a reporter at the behest of the White House would influence the probe of Trump and Russia.
- Philip Bilden, the businessman nominated by President Trump to be secretary of the Navy, has withdrawn himself from consideration.