1. On Wednesday, during New York Fashion Week, Subway held a Project Runway-inspired competition fashion show.
Four designers each had to make two dresses using only materials from Subway restaurants.
2. They had to use items like sandwich wrappers, napkins, salad bowls, and gift cards.
4. There were celebrity judges, of course. Most notably: Mel B, a.k.a. Scary Spice.
After the show, Mel B told BuzzFeed she was “very impressed” by the designers’ work: “I thought it was just going to be like, draped stuff that had no real detail. But this had proper detail!”
During the Spice Girl years, she said, she made a lot of her own clothes: “Back in the day, that’s all I used to wear. Me and Geri were the worst at it.”
Regrettably, she did not make it to fellow Spice Girl Victoria Beckham’s show this fashion week. “We’re all very supportive of each other, but I’m busy doing America’s Got Talent, I literally sneaked out for this,” she said. “Her collections are always stunning.”
5. Subway Jared was there too.
6. Also! Before the Subway show, some other designers presented collections, one of which included this snake bikini.
7. But back to Subway, because the dresses really were pretty exceptional.
10. This designer, Danilo Gabrielli, was chosen as the winner.
He said he spent 14 hours over the course of two weeks making the dresses.
- The Trump administration wants to send immigrants caught at the southern US border to Mexico even if they're not from the country.
- Several states will keep enforcing bans against transgender discrimination in schools after Trump withdrew guidelines protecting students.
- Police arrested at least 10 people on Wednesday as they began clearing out protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.
- And people with disabilities are having their photos stolen and Facebook isn't helping them.