1. In the 1988 and 1992 Winter Olympics, “ski ballet” was an official sport.
2. It’s a shame they canceled the event after just four years, because ski ballet had it all.
6. And stupefying moves.
7. The sport rose in popularity in the ’70s and ’80s, and was also known in some competitions as “acrosking.”
8. Ski ballet was part of the Olympics as a “demonstration sport,” meaning it was basically given an Olympics trial run to try and raise the sport’s profile.
Regrettably, it wasn’t renewed in ‘96. By 2000, the International Ski Federation stopped all formal ski ballet competitions.
9. And you know what? Eff that.
10. Bring back ski ballet.
- H.R. McMaster was due to retire from the Army. Now he holds what could become one of the most powerful positions in Washington.
- Milo Yiannopoulos has resigned from Breitbart News after he was accused of defending pedophilia in an old video.
- Chris Brown was ordered to stay away from his ex-girlfriend after he allegedly threatened to shoot and kill her, court documents show.
- A 2-year-old boy lost a race at school after he spotted his dad and ran to hug him instead of crossing the finish line 🏃💞