1. In the 1988 and 1992 Winter Olympics, “ski ballet” was an official sport.
2. It’s a shame they canceled the event after just four years, because ski ballet had it all.
6. And stupefying moves.
7. The sport rose in popularity in the ’70s and ’80s, and was also known in some competitions as “acrosking.”
8. Ski ballet was part of the Olympics as a “demonstration sport,” meaning it was basically given an Olympics trial run to try and raise the sport’s profile.
Regrettably, it wasn’t renewed in ‘96. By 2000, the International Ski Federation stopped all formal ski ballet competitions.
9. And you know what? Eff that.
10. Bring back ski ballet.
- Donald Trump slammed the CIA after reports that the agency believes Russia used hacks to try to help him win.
- Rudy Giuliani is no longer being considered for a position in the Trump administration. Trump says the former NYC mayor withdrew his name.
- Fire investigators have ruled out a refrigerator as the cause of a warehouse fire that killed 36 people in Oakland, California.
- The world's oldest known breeding seabird just laid another egg. Her name is Wisdom and she's 66 🐦