1. On January 3, the Democratic women of the House posed for a photo together after newly elected Representatives were inauguarated.
It was widely circulated after appearing on Getty and other wire services. A record number of women — 80 — were elected to the House. Of them, 61 are Democrats.
3. Four women were Photoshopped into the back of the photo!
They included Reps. Yvette Clarke, Shelia Jackson Lee, Corrine Brown, and even Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Chair of the Democratic National Committee.
Pelosi defended the photo. It was,she said, an “accurate record that it was freezing cold, and our members had been waiting a long time for everyone to arrive, and that I had to get back into the building to greet constituents.”
In other words, it was cold, no one had coats, and people had stuff to do. By Photoshopping the four women in, all 61 female Congresswomen were included in the photo.
- The Democratic National Convention, held in Philadelphia, starts Monday and is already off to a rocky start. Here's what you need to know
- Russia won't be banned from the Rio Olympics but its athletes need to pass new anti-doping tests to compete, the IOC ruled.
- Chris Froome has won the Tour de France. He's the first Brit to win the cycling race three times 🚴