Over 472,000 people have signed a SignOn.org petition to “dump Trump” from Macy’s, which sells his Trump clothing and fragrance and “invests in developing Trump’s brand.” The letter also criticizes Macy’s CEO Terry Lundgren for “promot[ing] Trump in advertisements designed to celebrate the magic of Macy’s.”
Most importantly, did you know Trump has a fragrance called “Success”? Here he is at the Macy’s launch party, with Miss Universe 2010.
And did you know he also has a clothing line?
Gasp, the shirts are made in China!
Anyway, here’s the full letter, which hundreds of thousands of people from all over the world have signed:
Macy’s has a special deal with Donald Trump. They invest in developing Trump’s brand and sell his clothing line and fragrance at their locations. To this end, they have had major events at Macy’s Herald Square location and they often feature and promote Trump in advertisements designed to celebrate the magic of Macy’s.
Recently, Macy’s CEO Terry Lundgren sent Donald Trump a letter touting how excited Macy’s was to be working with Trump and promising to expand Trump’s brand even further than it already is.
But, why is Macy’s celebrating Trump?
Donald Trump engages in especially unpleasant, nasty and despicable behavior. He has:
- Long engaged in sexist behavior. Trump has a long record of personally attacking women he disagrees by calling them “unattractive,” ugly or fat. He once sent a target a personal note telling her that she has the “face of a dog.” Not even his own daughter is immune to Trump’s sexism. While referring to his daughter, Trump observed: “She does have a very nice figure…if [she] weren’t my daughter, perhaps I’d be dating her.”
- Hypocritically complained about jobs being shipped overseas to China, despite the fact that almost his entire clothing line sold at Macy’s is made in China and other Asian nations.
- Use his public platform to deny the reality of climate change. Following Hurricane Sandy, Trump publicly declared: “The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive.”
- Perpetuated the racially charged birther conspiracy, repeatedly arguing that President Obama has been lying and was not born in the United States.
The list goes on. But the point remains, Macy’s should dump Trump.
Macy’s boasts about its social responsibility policy, which reads: “There is no shortage of talk about the obligation of public companies to be socially responsible to the people and communities where they do business. At Macy’s, Inc., we hold those same beliefs – along with a belief that actions speak louder than words when it comes to helping tackle some of the toughest problems facing us today.”
Indeed Macy’s. Actions speak louder than words. So, act and dump Trump.
- An adult film actress says Donald Trump, or someone on his behalf, offered her $10,000 and the use of his private jet to come to his suite.
- AT&T has made a deal to buy Time Warner — owner of CNN, HBO, and Warner Bros. — in one of the biggest acquisitions ever 💰
- The Chicago Cubs are heading to their first World Series since 1945 after beating the Los Angeles Dodgers 🐻
- A black metal band crashed a couple's engagement shoot and the photos are 🤘