2. Kaling will play an OBGYN.
She’s played a doctor before – in Friends With Benefits – a strong contrast to her character Kelly on The Office, whose interests are pretty much limited to celebrities and online shopping.
4. She developed major comedy chops on “The Office.”
She’s known for her role as Kelly Kapoor on NBC’s The Office but she also played a pivotal role behind the scenes, having written more than two dozen episodes and acting as executive producer. (She expected to leave The Office for the new show.)
5. All the important writer/actor/comedian types are super psyched for her. Everyone loves Mindy.
6. Her character is billed as “Bridget Jones-like.”
Reports have said she’ll play a “young Bridget Jones-type doctor who tries to navigate both her personal and professional lives.” I get what they’re going with, but it feels like a slightly dated reference. Bridget Jones’ Diary came out over a decade ago.
- Sean Spicer today said "his intention is never to lie" as White House press secretary, a pledge that came after making false claims this weekend about Trump's inauguration.
- President Trump signed an anti-abortion executive order that reinstates the so-called global gag rule, barring foreign organizations taking US money from providing abortions.
- The new Trump Hotel in Washington, DC, has lost more than $1 million and is in violation of Donald Trump's lease with the government, say Democratic lawmakers.
- The all-day breakfast boom at McDonald's is over as sales once again continued to fall for the fast food giant 🍳 📉