2. Kaling will play an OBGYN.
She’s played a doctor before – in Friends With Benefits – a strong contrast to her character Kelly on The Office, whose interests are pretty much limited to celebrities and online shopping.
4. She developed major comedy chops on “The Office.”
She’s known for her role as Kelly Kapoor on NBC’s The Office but she also played a pivotal role behind the scenes, having written more than two dozen episodes and acting as executive producer. (She expected to leave The Office for the new show.)
5. All the important writer/actor/comedian types are super psyched for her. Everyone loves Mindy.
6. Her character is billed as “Bridget Jones-like.”
Reports have said she’ll play a “young Bridget Jones-type doctor who tries to navigate both her personal and professional lives.” I get what they’re going with, but it feels like a slightly dated reference. Bridget Jones’ Diary came out over a decade ago.
- Facebook, Microsoft, Twitter, and YouTube are teaming up to target and remove terrorist content on their platforms 💻📌