1. It’s called LPAC.
Lesbian Super PAC, in case you didn’t get that.
2. One of LPAC’s goals is to respond to the “war on women.”
In particular, they’re upset about attempts to defund Planned Parenthood and the fact that no women were included in the recent contraception hearings.
3. Fighting for gay rights is also on the agenda.
6. So is tennis great Billie Jean King.
7. They want to raise $1 million.
They’ll invest the money in races around the country, supporting candidates who they feel will fight for LPAC’s interests.
8. They haven’t decided who they’ll support in November yet.
They’re bipartisan, and they’ll decide which candidate they support closer to the election.
- President Obama has ordered a full review of hacking activity related to the 2016 election. Intelligence officials have alleged Russia used the hacks to interfere with the election.
- South Korean President Park Geun-hye has apologized for negligence after lawmakers impeached her over a corruption scandal.
- Donald Trump will remain an executive producer on NBC's "The Celebrity Apprentice" while he's president. Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway says he will do it in his "leisure time."
- More than 1,000 Russian athletes — including four gold medalists — have been involved in a doping conspiracy, a new report says.