1. It’s called LPAC.
Lesbian Super PAC, in case you didn’t get that.
2. One of LPAC’s goals is to respond to the “war on women.”
In particular, they’re upset about attempts to defund Planned Parenthood and the fact that no women were included in the recent contraception hearings.
3. Fighting for gay rights is also on the agenda.
6. So is tennis great Billie Jean King.
7. They want to raise $1 million.
They’ll invest the money in races around the country, supporting candidates who they feel will fight for LPAC’s interests.
8. They haven’t decided who they’ll support in November yet.
They’re bipartisan, and they’ll decide which candidate they support closer to the election.
- Scientists and supporters marched to fight against perceived hostility from Trump — with delightfully nerdy signs 🤓
- North Korea threatened Australia with a nuclear strike over its alliance with the United States.
- The police officer killed by a terrorist on the Champs-Élysées in Paris is being remembered as a defender of LGBT rights and a patriot.
- In 2014, #Girlboss became the woman's career bible. Now, Sophia Amoruso is doubling down on career-focused feminism with a new company.