1. It’s called LPAC.
Lesbian Super PAC, in case you didn’t get that.
2. One of LPAC’s goals is to respond to the “war on women.”
In particular, they’re upset about attempts to defund Planned Parenthood and the fact that no women were included in the recent contraception hearings.
3. Fighting for gay rights is also on the agenda.
6. So is tennis great Billie Jean King.
7. They want to raise $1 million.
They’ll invest the money in races around the country, supporting candidates who they feel will fight for LPAC’s interests.
8. They haven’t decided who they’ll support in November yet.
They’re bipartisan, and they’ll decide which candidate they support closer to the election.
- Donald Trump says the shooting of NBA star Dwyane Wade's cousin is evidence of high crime rates he believes will boost his support among black people in November's election.
- Facebook shifts to algorithms to decide which stories to highlight in its trending news section after allegations of liberal bias at the company.
- Protesters climbed Berlin's Brandenburg Gate to protest against refugees. About 1.1 million asylum-seekers arrived in Germany last year.