1. The Boy Scouts finally took a stance on the issue of gay scouts.
Responding to a months-long controversy, the Boy Scouts of America called for a lift on the long-standing ban on gay members Friday. A board still has to actually vote on this in May, and the proposal only extends to gay scouts — not adults involved with the organization.
2. Glee announced TWO more seasons.
Yes, world — there will be at least six seasons of America’s favorite high school musical. Even though viewers have been down 50% this season. Just a week ago, the show aired a a school shooting episode that was, well, not kindly received.
3. At last, Marissa Mayer said something about that Yahoo work-from-home ban.
After two months of silence on the subject, Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer finally (finally!) chose to speak out on her ban on working from home during the most hectic week of news of the year. “I need to talk about the elephant in the room,” she said at a conference.
She reportedly admitted, “People are more productive when they’re alone,” but emphasized that “they’re more collaborative and innovative when they’re together. Some of the best ideas come from pulling two different ideas together.”
She also addressed the media’s reaction to her decision, saying, “It was wrongly perceived as an industry narrative.”
5. Facebook redesigned its main icon.
The public doesn’t react kindly to changes at Facebook. Remember when the Newsfeed was introduced? This isn’t huge, but: Today, Facebook got rid of the stripe at the bottom of its logo.
These icons got a new look too.
- White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer repeated claims that the inauguration was the most watched ever. But the numbers (still) don't make sense.
- Britain's Supreme Court has ruled that Prime Minister Theresa May needs to consult parliament before triggering Brexit.
- "The Great Liberation Of France" is a private chat room that Trump Supporters are using to manipulate French voters 💬👀
- 2017 Oscar nominations for Best Picture include: "La La Land," "Moonlight," "Arrival," and "Hidden Figures" 🎥 🎬