1. Melt old lipsticks together to create a rich new color.
When you get to the bottom of a few lipsticks, scoop out what’s left with a small knife and melt them together in a large spoon. If you’re worried that you’ll look like you’re cooking crack, try using a microwave. Pour the completed contents into a small container and leave it in the refrigerator to harden.
2. Fix cracked pressed powder, bronzer, or eyeshadow by pouring alcohol in it.
Use a spoon to mush the contents of the palette into a powder and then add rubbing alcohol, stirring to create a thick paste. Let it sit overnight, allowing the alcohol to evaporate and leaving the powder solid and whole again.
Tip: The higher alcohol content, the faster it will evaporate and harden. 70% or 90% is ideal.
4. Mix pressed powder with facial moisturizer to make a tinted moisturizer.
Great for a powder you don’t use anymore, or if you struggle to find the perfect color.
8. Pour the last few drops of a perfume into an unscented body lotion.
13. When doing house repairs, use an old eyeliner pencil to mark wood and drywall.
Just in case you can’t find a pencil.
- Russian ambassador to the UN Vitaly Churkin has died after suffering from cardiac arrest this morning, a day before his 65th birthday.
- Donald Trump said that his comments about Sweden were referring to a Fox News segment, not an actual incident in the country 🇸🇪🙃
- Senator Ron Wyden will soon introduce legislation requiring warrants before phones can be searched at the US border.
- The CEO of Uber is investigating sexism and sexual harassment claims after a former employee said her reports were ignored.