1. Melt old lipsticks together to create a rich new color.
When you get to the bottom of a few lipsticks, scoop out what’s left with a small knife and melt them together in a large spoon. If you’re worried that you’ll look like you’re cooking crack, try using a microwave. Pour the completed contents into a small container and leave it in the refrigerator to harden.
2. Fix cracked pressed powder, bronzer, or eyeshadow by pouring alcohol in it.
Use a spoon to mush the contents of the palette into a powder and then add rubbing alcohol, stirring to create a thick paste. Let it sit overnight, allowing the alcohol to evaporate and leaving the powder solid and whole again.
Tip: The higher alcohol content, the faster it will evaporate and harden. 70% or 90% is ideal.
4. Mix pressed powder with facial moisturizer to make a tinted moisturizer.
Great for a powder you don’t use anymore, or if you struggle to find the perfect color.
8. Pour the last few drops of a perfume into an unscented body lotion.
13. When doing house repairs, use an old eyeliner pencil to mark wood and drywall.
Just in case you can’t find a pencil.
- Donald Trump accused former Miss Universe Alicia Machado of conning Hillary Clinton in a Twitter rant Friday morning.
- World leaders hailed the legacy of former Israeli statesman Shimon Peres at his state funeral in Jerusalem.
- Anti-mafia police in Naples have recovered two Vincent van Gogh paintings that were stolen in Amsterdam 14 years ago.