2. Ygritte in Game of Thrones grew up in Aberdeen's Lickleyhead Castle, and is a descendant of Charles II.
Rose Leslie is a Scottish aristocrat whose childhood home was Clan Leslie's 15th century ancestral seat in Aberdeen. It's now available for rent on Airbnb.
3. And the Red Wedding from Game of Thrones was inspired by a real-life event that happened in Edinburgh.
4. Bill Murray once showed up at a student party, drank vodka out of a mug, then did their washing up.
8. Scottish ferry workers once let Germans travel for free because Germany beat England in football.
13. And volunteers once found a piano on Ben Nevis.
In 2006, a group of volunteers doing a clean-up at the top of Britain's highest mountain found the remains of a piano. Turns out someone carried it up on their back 35 years before for charity.