1. Shared cabins are seriously tiny and cramped.
2. Single rooms are tiny, too, but if you manage to get one, you'll basically be treated like a god.
3. And no matter what, our body clocks go to shit.
4. But we still manage to party extremely hard.
5. We're given some seriously weird food to eat.
6. We catch people humping in public areas all the time.
7. We get better accommodation and pay on ultra-luxury cruises, but it comes at a price.
8. We get hit on by guests every damn day, but we're strictly forbidden from hooking up with them.
9. No, we don't know Jack and Rose.
10. And no, we're not worried about the boat sinking.
11. Although people do fall off the ships sometimes.
12. External hard drives are like currency to us.
13. Most ships have a morgue and jail on board.
14. We work insanely long, gruelling shifts, up to 14 hours a day, six or seven days a week.
15. We get threatened and yelled at far too often.
16. Some people complain about the dumbest things
17. Stomach bugs turn the whole ship into a living hell.
18. But our friends get us through the toughest times.
This post was put together with the help of a cruise ship worker based in the UK and Australia, and also this Reddit thread.