We recently asked members of the BuzzFeed Community to share their cutest Staffie photos to prove that they aren't scary dogs. Here they are!
1. "Bernie’s first Halloween with us after being adopted from a shelter."
2. "This is my little baby Mylo. He’s a staffie/pitbull mix and the snuggliest guy around. This is how he watches me get ready in the morning."
3. "This is Oliver, he’s my cardiac alert service dog."
4. "As if Bam wasn’t cute enough, he likes to make silly faces."
5. "Pandora’s adoption day! Saved this little love bug from a puppy mill one year ago and trying to give her the best life ever."
6. "Annie’s typical relaxation pose."
7. "Lennon, so vicious!"
8. Manny, rescued as a hungry stray aged 11. His owners were called but never came for him. Now auditioning for world’s best snoozer."
9. "This is Sierra, my service dog. She enjoys long walks on the beach, and pupichinos."
10. "Sadie Mae on her 5th birthday!"
11. "How my Staffie, Tootsie, crosses a stream :)"
12. "Meeko and his best friend Hana dressed as bears."
13. "Zoey is such a hot dog!"
14. "Murphy's sexy pose."
15. "Lola sometimes falls asleep with her tongue out. And it is my absolute favourite thing."
16. "I was laying on the floor for my back and Charlotte came and lay next to me."
17. "We call this Lita's 'draw me like one of your French girls' pose."
18. "My beautiful rescue staffie Megan chilling out in her fave hoody."
19. "I found my silly baby sitting in a planter pot. Just sitting there."
20. "Cass dancing. She was my foster dog for a while. She will always have a piece of my heart."
21. "Lily loves her sweater when she goes outside, but as soon as she comes in she tries to rub it off on the couch."
22. "Molly enjoying the wild flowers in Cornwall!"
23. "This is Jade. She’s 14 years old and just LOVES getting to wear Easter ears."
24. "Chewbacca, our foster dog, at his last adoption event in San Diego. He’s the sweetest, snuggliest dog we’ve ever fostered!"
25. "Here's Reggie! The poor guy dealt with us dressing him up for Halloween."
26. "Mostly deaf, kinda blind, all cute."
27. "Marley, snoring at 1:40pm in my bed."
28. "This was a week after I had open heart surgery. My Staffie wouldn’t leave my side once I returned home. She constantly checked on me, and even nudged me if I stopped breathing in the night."
If you're interested in adopting one of these ridiculous dogs, here's a list of Staffie rescue centres in the U.K. and in the U.S, or simply contact your local shelter.
NB: Some of these submissions may have been edited for length and/or clarity.