27 Signs You Were Definitely A '90s Teen Nerd
"Want to trade X Files comics?" "Can't, I'm off to an internet cafe."
1. Instead of Just Seventeen or Smash Hits, you bought magazines like this:
2. And you definitely had this poster in your bedroom.
3. Your VHS collection looked like this:
4. Instead of a Point Horror or Judy Blume, you'd be way more likely to pick up one of these bad boys.
5. Or possibly this:
6. While other people were covering their pencil case in East 17 stickers, you stuck rigidly to Buffy and Angel.
8. Wednesdays at 6pm meant only one thing: These guys.
9. And you knew at least one kid with their own Starfleet uniform.
10. Although you had to be careful; Star Trek was a gateway show that could lead you to an ever deeper level of geekdom.
11. You were thrilled when Channel 5 launched in 1997.
12. In the early '90s, you and your friends regularly applied to be on Knightmare.
13. And one of your main life goals was to own a Gamesmaster golden joystick.
14. You spent most break times on the school's single "worldwide internet"-connected computer.
15. And went to your local internet cafe at weekends with your friends to do exactly the same thing...
16. If you were into guys, your raging hormones led you straight to Fox Mulder.
17. But if you preferred girls, it was all about Cordelia.
18. Dawson's Creek? Whatever. You much preferred Quantum Leap.
19. Although when you got a bit older you switched your allegiance to these guys.
20. While your friends were writing "I HEART TAKE THAT" on their notebooks, you were doodling FBI agents.
21. Or making your very own FBI badge.
22. And you watched the first season of the 1995 Outer Limits reboot just because Chris Carter directed it.
23. In general, you weren't really interested in fashion.
24. Although you did probably own at least one of these t-shirts.
Or know someone who did.