2. Draught Irn-Bru in McDonald’s.
Our fizzy, caffeinated orange nectar is the perfect accompaniment to fried food; every single McDonald’s in the world should sell it.
3. Not to mention Irn-Bru ice cream lollies.
Churned in Scotland from girders.
5. Pie vending machines
Filled with lovely Scottish baked treats, like Scotch pies, bridies, and sausage rolls.
7. Porridge vans
9. Buses that only accept exact change.
It’s a bit annoying until you get used to it, but it helps the buses run on time, and everyone’s happier as a result.
13. And the option to add chips to almost every meal you buy.
“Stick some chips on the side of that salad, pal.”
Never mind A-levels or International Baccalaureates: Highers are where it’s at. There are loads more available subjects for one thing, including Mechatronics.
19. This amazing way of helping the homeless.
Social Bite is a Scottish café chain where customers can pre-pay for a homeless person’s lunch at the same time as buying their own. They also provide employment to homeless people. George Clooney visited the Edinburgh branch in 2015.
21. And, most importantly, a sense of humour.
It kind of does look like a horse penis. Sorry, Kyrgyzstan.