1. Not one, but two days off after New Year.
This also means our first week back at work after the holidays is only three or four days long, which is far more humane.
2. Draught Irn-Bru in McDonald's.
3. Not to mention Irn-Bru ice cream lollies.
4. A truly sensible (and fair) method of queueing.
5. Pie vending machines
6. Free, well, pretty much everything.
Scots get free prescriptions, free eye tests, free uni education, and free bus passes when we retire, by which point we can sleep on a bed of all the money we saved.
7. Porridge vans
8. Burns Night
January is crap, which is why it's good to break it up with a celebration that involves plenty of food and booze. Forget drynuary; celebrate whiskuary instead.
9. Buses that only accept exact change.
10. Pubs that stay open until 1am.
Which is part of the reason we need bakery vending machines and that extra day off after Hogmanay.