1. "We are all failures - at least the best of us are."
- J.M. Barrie
2. “Never confuse your mistakes with your value as a human being. You’re a perfectly valuable, creative, worthwhile person simply because you exist. And no amount of triumphs or tribulations can ever change that."
3. “Don’t ask for guarantees. And don’t look to be saved in any one thing, person, machine, or library. Do your own bit of saving, and if you drown, at least die knowing you were heading for shore.”
- Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451
4. “Know your magic, trust your magic, use your magic and know that you are a manifestation of life’s magic.”
- Rasheed Ogunlaru
5. “We’re stronger in the places that we’ve been broken.”
6. “A successful person is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him or her.”
- David Brinkley
7. “All we actually have is our body and its muscles that allow us to be under our own power, to glide in the water, to roll down a hill, and to jump into someone’s arms.”
8. "Let us go singing as far as we go: the road will be less tedious."
- Virgil, Eclogues
9. “No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
10. “Free will without fate is no more conceivable than spirit without matter, good without evil.”
- Friedrich Nietzsche, “Fatum und Geschichte"
11. "For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."
12. "All day I think about it, then at night I say it. Where did I come from, and what am I supposed to be doing? I have no idea. My soul is from elsewhere, I'm sure of that, and I intend to end up there."
13. "I could see day after day after day glaring ahead of me like a white, broad, infinitely desolate avenue. It seemed silly to wash one day when I would only have to wash again the next. It made me tired just to think of it."
14. “Because your existence in time and space is unique, there are lives that only you can touch.”
- Harry Palmer
15. "Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living; it’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life’s realities.”
16. “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.”
- Robert Frost
17. "'For what endless years this life will have to go on!' He felt, with a kind of horror, his own strong youth and the bounding blood in his veins."
18. "There will come a time when there are no human beings remaining to remember that anyone ever existed... If the inevitability of human oblivion worries you, I encourage you to ignore it. God knows that's what everyone else does."
- John Green, The Fault in Our Stars
19. “We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.”
20. “Face your life, its pain, its pleasure, leave no path untaken.”
- Neil Gaiman, The Graveyard Book