5. Victoria Room, Darlinghurst NSW
This is an oldie but a goldie, and the bartenders are always ready to nerd it up and show off their beautiful collection. An established bar, you can always come in early for their infamous High Tea or stay for one of the burlesque shows. They make some amazing mocktails as well, so there’s something for everyone.
4. Barranows Lounge, Hawthorn VIC
This is old world whisky den. Deep-set lounges and one of the only places to smoke cigars, it’s where you’ve always wanted to live out your Mad Men fantasty. If you have enough cash you can even sign up for a personal whisky locker.
1. Baxter Inn, Sydney CBD
This place has some of the nicest, oldest single barrels you can find for a reasonable price, including my personal favourite, Glenfiddich 30. The rest of their stuff is on the expensive side, but with a cool speakeasy theme, the dimly-let basement bar has a coziness and otherworldy feel that will completely transport you. Best of all, they have free pretzels!
Do you have a favourite local haunt or a secret gem of a bar? Where do you frequent?
- The man suspected of shooting and killing five people in a Washington mall is now in custody, officials said.
- Charlotte police have released video of Keith Lamont Scott's shooting and photos of a gun they say he had loaded.
- Kim Kardashian said she is voting for Hillary Clinton after being quoted saying she was "on the fence."