1. Snow White runs around after four kids while her Prince gets comfy with a beer.
Photographer Dina Goldstein explained to Cargoh.com that the idea for Fallen Princesses came from struggles in her personal life.
Goldstein grew up in 1970s Israel, in a world unexposed to Disney’s Princesses.
In an interview with Cargoh.com, she explained “Jordan, my daughter, was three at the time and was just starting to get into the ‘Princess phase’. Just around the same time my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer. The two events collided and made me wonder what a Princesses would look like if she had to battle a disease, struggle financially or deal with ageing.”
6. Jasmine battles on the front line.
Dina told Cargoh.com that this was one of her most controversial images from the series. “Some accused me of placing the Middle Eastern Princess as a terrorist. My intention was to display her strength and courage. She is a a warrior, fighting on the front lines, just as so many woman are today in Iraq.”
- Miami Marlins star pitcher José Fernández has died in a boating accident. He was 24.
- Monday night's presidential debate may be the last hope for environmental activists who want climate in the national conversation.
- Charlotte police have released video of Keith Lamont Scott's shooting and photos of a gun they say he had loaded.