Hot Chocolate 4 Ways
4 large egg whites (at room temperature)
1 cup superfine sugar
1 teaspoon white vinegar
½ teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cornstarch
4 tablespoons HERSHEY’S Cocoa
1. Preheat oven to 325℉/160℃.
2. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Slowly add sugar and continue beating until stiff and shiny. Slow down the speed of the mixer and add remaining ingredients. Egg whites should be glossy.
3. On a parchment-lined baking sheet, form small “clouds” about 2 inches wide with a small indentation in each.
4. Bake for 45 minutes or until dry and crisp.
5. Serve with fresh whipped cream and berries.
1 pint heavy cream
1 ½ tablespoons HERSHEY’S Cocoa
7 ounces sweetened condensed milk
1. Whip one pint heavy cream with 1 ½ tablespoons of cocoa powder, then slowly add ½ can sweetened condensed milk.
2. Chill and serve.
3. Dust with additional cocoa powder for garnish.
3 cups sugar
5 ounces evaporated milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup marshmallow cream
3 tablespoons HERSHEY’S Cocoa
1. Line a 9-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
2. Bring butter, sugar, and evaporated milk to a simmer, add cocoa powder and vanilla and stir. Simmer until the temperature reaches 234℉ on a candy thermometer.
3. Add marshmallow creme, stir until incorporated.
4. Pour into pan and cool completely, 4-6 hours.
5. Cut into squares.
RED WINE COCOA
3 cups whole milk
2 tablespoons HERSHEY’S Cocoa
1 cup sugar
2 cups red wine
¾ cup heavy cream
1. Bring the red wine and 2 tablespoons sugar to a boil in a small saucepan. Lower the heat and simmer until thickened. This will reduce down to ½-¾ cup of liquid. Set aside.
2. In another sauce pan, heat the milk and slowly whisk in cocoa powder. Add ⅓ cup red wine syrup.
3. Whip the heavy cream with remaining red wine syrup until it forms firm peaks.
4. Serve hot chocolate with red wine whip cream.