Thousands of LGBT individuals have come to the U.S. to escape discrimination and violence in their countries. Some apply for refugee status or asylum because they do not feel they can be safe at home.
We asked a few of them to share their reasons for coming to America and what the experience was like.
2. This is what they had to say.
3. They all miss home, but they feel a sense of freedom that was unimaginable before.
- French authorities have begun moving thousands of migrants and refugees from the makeshift "Jungle" camp in Calais.
- Trump supporters haranguing the press at rallies has become routine. Now, the alt-right has adopted an old Nazi term to describe reporters.
- Inside WikiLeaks: A former employee shares what he learned about Julian Assange.
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.