Thousands of LGBT individuals have come to the U.S. to escape discrimination and violence in their countries. Some apply for refugee status or asylum because they do not feel they can be safe at home.
We asked a few of them to share their reasons for coming to America and what the experience was like.
2. This is what they had to say.
3. They all miss home, but they feel a sense of freedom that was unimaginable before.
- Arkansas has carried out the first double execution since 2000. The state had scheduled 8 executions before a key drug expires.
- "Stealthing," or purposefully removing a condom during sex without consent, has become a new trend. But victims say it is another form of assault.
- The same Russian hackers who interfered in the 2016 US presidential election are now active in German and French politics 💻
- A popular app changed the name of a filter after people complained it whitewashes them. The filter still lightens your skin though 🤔