3. When you need to get away from all the pandemonium:
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 oz bittersweet chocolate
- 2 tbsp chocolate liqueur
- 1 drop of peppermint extract
- whiskey (optional but highly recommended)
Whisk in saucepan over medium heat. Top with peppermint whipped cream, boozy marshmallows, or a candy cane if desired.
7. When you’re fantasizing about being somewhere else:
How about cozy Scandinavia?
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup port wine
- 1 bottle inexpensive dry red wine
- lemon peel
- mulling spices
- blanched almonds
Soak raisins in akvavit for 30 min.
Bowl water with mulling spices for 1 minute, then let stand for 10 minutes. Keep the solution warm and add red wine, raisins, and almonds. Add sugar to taste. Take it off the heat and add port wine. Serve immediately.
8. When it’s time to relive embarrassing stories from your childhood:
- ¼ cup gin
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp rosemary simple syrup
- ⅓ cup club soda
Mix, then garnish with a sprig of rosemary! Try a splash of pomegranate liqueur for a colorful twist.
9. When you need to warm up after outdoor festivities:
- 2 oz dark rum
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 pat of butter
- 2-3 oz hot water
Place butter, sugar, and cinnamon in a mug or coffee glass. Muddle, then pour in rum and hot water. Stir. Top with another pat of butter if you wish!
And when you just need to sip something unusually delicious:
- 3 teacups Hendrick’s Gin
- 3 teacups Madeira wine
- 3 cloves
- a pinch grated nutmeg
- 1 large teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 6 large lemon twists
- 1 small slice orange
- 3 big chunks fresh pineapple
- 4 large spoons honey
- lemon juice
- dash water
Combine all of the ingredients in a small pot and simmer gently for 30 minutes. Pour into a teapot and serve hot in teacups with some gingerbread on the side.
Please enjoy the unusual responsibly.
HENDRICK’S GIN, 44% ALC./VOL. ©2013 IMPORTED BY WILLIAM GRANT & SONS, INC. NEW YORK, NY.
Great cocktails start with responsible measuring.