1. One word: Coneys
2. We get paid to live downtown
3. And...we get paid to party!
4. Our public transportation is CHEAP
5. We take work sports leagues to a whole new level...
6. Our tech scene is far from being oversaturated
7. Calling in sick on St. Patrick's Day is totally normal
8. Tigers games at Comerica Park are perfect for an after-work outing
9. The Spring Equinox is a two-part celebration in Detroit
10. Looking for a way to bond with friends?
11. We’re a five minute drive away from Canada
12. Detroit’s technology scene is very collaborative
13. Our city might not host a nationally televised parade on Thanksgiving, but our annual Turkey Trot and Lions game is more than enough to take in before downing a turkey dinner
14. We have a Drunken Historical Society
15. We know of a few good Happy Hours that won’t cost you more than $30
16. Our music scene is legendary
17. Detroit boasts the only international marathon in the country
18. Jack White is singlehandedly reviving Detroit’s music scene
19. We’re putting our abandoned buildings to good use by turning them into urban ski slopes
20. Gritty, down to earth musicians like Kid Rock and Eminem are known to have staged surprise concerts
21. Detroit is the only city where one of the four major US sports had to officially ban the swinging of an octopus over your head on the field of play
The best thing about Detroit is that it's always looking for new people to move in and help continue our traditions. Check out HelloWorld's career page to see jobs that'll have you calling The D YOUR city.