1. You ate homemade chorizo and blood sausage all the time.
2. You couldn't sit down to dinner without a bottle of Tabasco on the table.
3. Your house had crucifixes hanging in every room.
4. You wore lauburu jewelry to school and the other kids thought you were a Nazi.
5. All of your embarrassing school photos got sent to your relatives in the Basque Country, no matter how much you protested.
6. At some point, you tried to learn how to play the accordion, txistu, or tambourine.
7. Your dad smelled like Old Spice and Ricard.
8. Your last name never fit on the Scantron.
9. When you told your friends you eat rabbit, they were like:
10. You always had a backup Halloween costume.
11. Your parents had hams hanging in the garage.
12. You wore espadrilles before they were fashionable.
13. You vacationed in Bakersfield for Memorial Day, Elko for the Fourth of July, Boise for San Inazio, and Chino for Labor Day.
14. The highlight of your summer was going to Udaleku.
15. You don't know how to play poker, but you're a master at mus.
16. Your reaction when people ask you if Basque is the same as Spanish or French:
17. You know at least one person missing a finger.
18. You only drink your Coke with red wine.
19. Given a choice, you ALWAYS order the lamb.
20. You love a man/woman who can polka.
21. You know what mountain oysters are.
22. You own so many berets, scarves, and sashes that you're ready for the Fêtes de Bayonne any day of the week.
23. You have a script prepared for when people ask you, "What's Basque?"
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!