Chicken And Broccoli Alfredo
Salt, to taste
8 ounces penne pasta
2 cups broccoli florets
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
Pepper, to taste
¼ cup butter
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
1½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Bring a quart of water in a large pot to a boil over high heat, and salt to taste.
2. Cook pasta for 8 minutes, or until slightly underdone.
3. Add broccoli to pasta and simmer for 4 minutes with the lid on.
4. Strain the pasta and broccoli in a colander, and run cold water over to prevent the broccoli from over cooking.
5. Heat the olive oil in the pot over medium-high heat, and add the chicken. Season the chicken with season salt and pepper.
6. Once the chicken is cooked through, remove it from the pot and set aside.
7. Add the butter to the pot, and melt it. Once butter is fully melted, add in garlic and stir continuously for 10 seconds.
8. Add the heavy cream, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Stir often, and cook until sauce starts to bubble slightly.
9. Once the sauce is bubbling and begins to cook down, add in Parmesan cheese and stir until the sauce thickens.
10. Add in the cooked chicken, pasta, and broccoli, and stir until fully combined.
11. Top with Parmesan cheese or red chili flakes.