32 Toys Your Kids Will Squeal With Joy Over
If you're not familiar with what a "Purse Pet" is, you're about to get an education.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
What a year! The holidays are finally here! And while we’re doing our best to make sure the products we feature will arrive in time, shipping times are especially tricky this year, so we suggest shopping as early as you can.
Stock and shipping times can vary depending on where you live, which product you purchase, and more. So order earlier than you think you need to and be sure to double-check the retailers’ websites for shipping information to ensure that your gift will arrive in time for when you need it.
1. A Galactic Snackin' Grogu that'll make your Star Wars-loving kiddo scream "OMG BABY YODAAAA!" Or at least that's how I'd react to seeing this cutie under the tree.
2. Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit, which will turn your home into a real-life race course for Mario, Luigi, and the rest of the classic gang.
3. A classic Tamagotchi they've probably heard you reminiscing about since the beginning of time — now your own offspring can learn about the delight and stress of keeping a virtual pet alive.
4. A Lego BrickHeadz Nutcracker Building Kit would be a great stocking stuffer for the tiny builder in your life. It has a mouth that actually moves and is quite on theme with the season, if I do say so myself.
6. A Baby Shark cube plushie you may initially regret buying (it sings the song over and over) but will change your mind once you see how excited your tyke gets each time they play with it.
7. A Stomp Rocket, capable of launching up to 200 feet, to keep your kids busy and remind them to *literally* shoot for the stars.
The set comes with a stomp launcher and four foam rockets. It's recommended for ages 5 and up.
Promising review: "Bought for my 3-year-old nephew but became great outdoor fun for the whole family. 3-year-old loved it and could stomp and jump on the launcher without problem, sending the 'rocket' into the sky about 20 feet. The adults didn't hold back after a few trials and the toy held up to the heavy feet and launched the rockets extremely high, not 200 feet, but more like 75–100. Very fun trying to catch them on their way down too! Soft nerf and lightweight plastic made the toy safe and fun." —Brandy
Get it from Amazon for $17.99.
8. An arts and crafts library chock full of everything and anything to inspire your little one to create something fantastic and totally hang-on-the-fridge-worthy.
9. Pixar Uno, because why not gift them a traditional card game with a Disney twist? They'll love seeing their favorites like Nemo and Buzz Lightyear on the cards.
10. A pack of Mini Brands mystery balls you've likely come across while scrolling TikTok after your kiddos have (finally) gone to sleep. It's a super popular blind box–styled toy with five mystery compartments that open up to reveal mini replicas of your favorite brands (think Heinz ketchup, Bagel Bites, and more!).
11. A purse pet complete with 25 sounds and reactions (it blinks, blows kisses, and responds to questions!). Your sassy mini-me will love showing off their chic new accessory to everyone they know.
12. An inflatable unicorn ride-on any tyke will have a blast bouncing around on while you and your family prep a holiday meal — and for months and months after that!
13. A crystal-growing kit any wannabe scientist will be blown away by — I mean, look at the results! They'll have the best time ever watching their majestic crystals grow before repurposing them into a night-light.
14. A Magna-Tiles set that'll surely be a big hit with any budding architect. They can use it to build all kinds of cool 3D structures, then knock 'em down and start again the next day.
15. A Radio Flyer Play and Fold Climber that won't take up much space in your garage (it folds away!) and will keep your tykes entertained for hours. You're about to impress all the other parents on your block, that's for sure.
17. A durable digital camera, because they're definitely bored of being the one in front of the camera all the time. This will let them switch places with you for once and snap some cool pics of you instead.
18. A unicorn slime kit with over 23,000 5-star reviews that essentially prove kids and parents alike are big fans. Glitter, foam beads, and a gloopy substance — what could go wrong?!
The kit comes with everything they'll need to make their own slime! It's recommended for kids ages 7 and up.
Promising review: "This is the best slime kit I’ve come across. I saw it last minute before my daughter’s birthday (11) and thought I’d get it as an add-on to her presents. It ended up being her favorite gift! Her brother (8) joined in and made slime with her and she still has enough to make more of all types." —Elizabeth & Rick
Get it from Amazon for $24.95.
19. A Disney Princess dress-up trunk filled with tiaras, dresses, and accessories that'll take playtime to the next level. I hope you're prepared to channel your inner Cinderella when the time comes.
20. Pokémon 25th Anniversary Celebrations Elite Trainer Box for the kiddo who spends hours upon hours watching Pokémon card unboxing videos. I may not understand, but children and '90s kids-turned-adults seem to be absolutely enamored by the suspense of it all.
21. A Crayola light-up tracing pad, perfect for young artists who want to learn how to draw their favorite characters but aren't quite skilled enough to freehand them.
22. A glow-in-the-dark fort-building kit that'll put the blanket forts you built as a kid to shame. It'll also encourage your kid's imagination to run wild.
The set comes with 53 rods and 28 spheres. It's recommended for kids 4 and up.
Promising review: "Great gift for kids of all ages. My 8-year-old loved getting this for Christmas! She played with it all day while more expensive gifts sat under the tree...LOL. We built so many different structures and most of them she did on her own. Will probably buy a second one to expand her designs and creative thinking. I recommend highly!" —awalker
Get it from Amazon for $39.95.
23. A playhouse for your kids that looks like an actual lil' seaside shack and'll make your backyard a go-to destination for all the neighborhood rascals.
Promising review: "Purchased for my granddaughter. It was surprisingly easy to build. I was able to do everything aside from the roof by myself. She’s happily playing away." —ABW
Shipping info: Most packages will deliver within one to two days of the estimated delivery date. If you are a Red Card member you will receive free two-day shipping. Check out details on all holiday shipping information here.
Get it from Target for $249.99.
24. A scratch paper art set that'll take you right back to your elementary school days but also provide a fun way to keep your kiddos entertained.
25. A handmade stuffed animal with precious fairy-tale vibes unlike any other they own — each animal has a full backstory and an array of clothing to accessorize both the child and the doll with.
26. A Big Dig Sandbox Digger Excavator Crane that may actually elicit a scream of immediate delight when your kiddo unwraps it. You may never need to pack your car and load up the kids to go to the park again — they can just play in your own yard with this epic toy.
27. A Minecraft pickaxe that'll transform into a sword before your child's very eyes — talk about serious holiday magic!
28. A Yoto audio player kids will squeal with delight over — it'll allow them to pop in cards on their own and experience songs, stories, fun sounds, and special messages from their loved ones!
29. A flying LED disco ball that might just become the light of your, ahem, I mean your kid's life. No dance party would be complete without it!
This toy is ideal for kids 8 and up.
Promising review: "My kids love this flying glow ball! It’s easy to control, just keep your hand underneath and it will hover right over. I would only use indoors as we took outside and it flew over our neighbor’s fence! A little bit of wind is not good for this toy! Luckily we got it back, however learned our lesson to keep inside. It looks beautiful when it’s flying as the colors illuminate on the ceiling! Very cool in the dark too! Great price and a lot of fun!" —Brian "SpookYouLaterz" Lubecki
Get it from Amazon for $11.96.
30. A Color Reveal Barbie I honestly would consider buying for myself — it's *that* cool. Your little one will dip the doll (and its various accessories) into water and watch as she magically changes color!
31. A Razor scooter to remind you of your own childhood as you watch your kiddo scoot around for hours.
I got reacquainted with a Razor scooter a few years ago (see above) and have been smiling ever since — seriously. I'm very accident-prone so pretty much everyone in my life begged me not to get on this bad boy, but I was determined to relive the fun of my childhood. Mission accomplished — it's SO fun. The bigger wheels make for a smooth ride and, honestly, it was quite a workout! I'd suggested snagging a helmet for your little one.
Promising review: "My 10-year-old daughter got an electric scooter for Christmas last year. This year she wanted a manual one. We live in New England. Have had a relatively mild winter so far, but she has kept the scooter inside. All three of my kids ride it in circles around our first floor! (My oldest is 16.5!) BEST CHRISTMAS PRESENT EVER! It was very inexpensive, but its rugged. Well made. Can't believe they are all getting so much use/fun out of such a simple toy. I will actually miss it when they have to take it outside. (Once it goes outside, it stays outside!) GREAT scooter!!" —Heather Adamson
Get it from Amazon for $29.97+ (available in eight colors and with or without a wheelie bar).