41 Things You May Want To Add To Your Bag On Your Next Trip
The next time you travel is about to be *a lot* more pleasant thanks to these items — you're welcome.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A silk mask, essential if you're planning to take a super long flight or you're going to be a passenger in a cross-country road trip.
2. Blue-light-blocking glasses, in case you're the type to read on your Kindle or binge-watch an entire series during a flight.
3. A set of reusable cleansing pads, so you can wash away that tired, grimy feeling without packing a million facial wipes.
4. A Chewbacca seatbelt cover, guaranteed to keep you comfortable during your family road trip to Walt Disney World to check out Star Wars Galaxy's Edge.
5. Winky Lux flower balm you'll find simply magical when it goes on clear, then blossoms into the perfect shade of pink as it combines with your natural pH level. In addition to its lovely color, it'll keep you lips feeling fresh and hydrated. Keep it in your carry on and grab when you land for a quick pout pick-me-up.
My sister and I have this fun lil' lip balm, and we love it! The flower inside is as pretty as the shade of pink it creates. I like minimal makeup, so this product has been a slam dunk for me. My lips are *always* chapped (also I tend to chew on them, so that's on me) and this has been a solid solution to keeping them hydrated and looking cute.
Promising review: "This is the best for moisturizing your lips and it gives you a little hint of color. It has the prettiest flower 🌹 inside the lipstick itself. I really appreciate the look. It’s not overwhelming in terms of tint and it really doesn’t have an overpowering scent. I will definitely buy again." —MC Joseph
Get it from Amazon for $16 (available in three flower colors).
6. Memory foam slippers with a non-slip bottom and plush lining to make you feel like you're lounging at a fancy spa instead of a cramped plane.
8. A pair of comfortable jeggings that'll make you look ready to take on the world even after you've been traveling for days.
9. A compact hair dryer you can use to avoid fumbling with the not-so-great standard one found in most hotel rooms.
10. A twistable memory foam pillow to support your neck while you attempt to sleep through the baby who'll probs be screaming and kicking your seat.
11. Color-coordinated packing cubes, so when you pop open your bag after a long flight to change into a fresh pair of undies you won't have to dig around and disrupt your neat packing job.
12. And, of course, new no-show underwear to change into for a ~refresher~ after sitting in the same pair all day.
13. An electronic-cleaning cloth that'll help you swipe away any germs your devices may have picked up on your travels.
14. Pants button extenders, because there's nothing worse than being stuck in a car or on a plane for hours while your pants dig into your stomach.
15. A Bug Bite Thing Suction Tool your traveling companions will really appreciate you tossing into your duffel bag before a big outdoor camping trip — bugs, galore!
16. Wet N' Wild Mega Last Breakup-Proof Liquid Eyeliner, AKA your soon-to-be go-to eyeliner. It will last up to 16 hours (I KNOW!) so you can be sure it'll still be going strong even after you've taken a looooong road trip nap.
Promising review: "I love this! The tip has a pretty fine point to it, allowing for thick or thin line control and it is SO smudge-proof! I work with animals and end up getting water sprayed in my face often and it doesn’t move! If I take a nap with it on? Still solid when I wake up. Rub my eyes way more than I should? No raccoon eyes! But when I want it gone it comes right off when washing my face or using a remover wipe! I highly recommend this to anyone looking for a good, budge-proof eyeliner that won’t take 50 years and a bottle of oil to get off." –Logan
Get it from Amazon for $4.98.
18. A hypoallergenic, paraben-free, gluten-free sunscreen you'll love because it won't leave your skin greasy and you can easily apply it in the airplane bathroom before you touch down in a tropical paradise.
19. An on-the-go compact with blush, bronzer, and a highlighter, so you can perform a quick touch-up before heading off on your next adventure.
22. A cotton T-shirt you'll be happy you packed after spilling your green juice all over yourself in the first hour of your road trip.
23. A trio of moisturizing lip balm tins to keep in each of your travel bags, because you know you're likely to lose one as you jet around from place to place.
24. Vegan dry shampoo that'll keep your locks looking fresh as a daisy when in reality you haven't showered in three days.
25. And a travel-sized hair brush, for when all your hair needs is a quick comb-through after a flight.
26. Overnight facial oil, a must-have if you're planning to take a red-eye flight or drive through the night.
27. A trash can for your car that'll easily hook onto the gearshift. Fill it during your cross-country drive, bring it into the hotel (or any nearby trash can) to empty it, repeat!
28. A Drunk Elephant glycolic serum and moisturizer duo that'll help your skin recover from all the stress it's felt while traveling.
29. Fancy socks you can keep in your bag and change into so you're not stuck walking around in socks you wore through airport security.
30. A curling iron/straightener to save TONS of room in your suitcase and assist you in keep your hair on fleek all vacation.
31. An Edgar Allen Poe compact mirror to help you touch up your makeup when you arrive at your destination thirsted, weak and weary 😉.
32. Essence Lash Princess mascara because a little eyelash lift will take your sleepy eyes from ~drab to fab~ in one swipe.
My fellow editor Emma Lord is a BIG fan of this mascara. She said:
"Hello, that is my face above, because I bought into the hype of over 35,000 positive reviews and now I will never look back!! Putting it on is like giving my eyelashes butterfly wings. It doesn't get clumpy, it stays put ALL the live long day (I spent all of this ridiculously hot pandemic summer wearing it, so I can speak to that), and you can apply it on very lightly if you don't want it to look so dramatic, or continue applying for longer lashes each time."
Promising review: "I have to be honest, for a 'cheap' three-pack mascara, I did NOT have high expectations. These, however, exceeded my expectations and went MUCH MUCH farther. I had been buying a certain $25/tube brand (rhymes with truepique) and I like these just as much!! I’m saving a TON of money and like my lashes just as much." —Liz
Get it from Amazon for $4.99.