1. Ouai Mini Detox Shampoo, in case you've been eyeing the full-size version since its recent debut but haven't been ready to commit. Give it a test run with the smaller size instead!
I've been using the full sized version for the last month or so and have been blown away by how much it's helped my hair — I would totally pick this up as a travel shampoo. In the earlier stages of pregnancy my hair was falling out in massive clumps (IDK, hormones?). The Ouai Detox shampoo was one of the few solutions I found that actually seemed to freshen up my scalp and leave my hair feeling normal and fuller again. I've been using it once a week (as instructed) and will absolutely continue to!
It has a nice floral scent (not too strong) and is cruelty-free, gluten-free and free of sulfates SLS and SLES, parabens, formaldehydes and an array of other harmful products.
Get it from Sephora for $12.
2. Urban Decay Wild Greens Eyeshadow Palette, filled with shimmers and neutral shades of greens/browns that'll ensure your go-to beauty routine gets the spring upgrade it deserves.
This palette is vegan, cruelty-free, and free of parabens, phthalates, and sulfates SLS and SLES. It has a variety of colors with matte finishes, a shimmer finishes, and metallic finishes that'll ensure you're always able to create the look you want.
Promising review: "I LOVE THIS!! The shadows apply so smoothly and they're easily blendable. There's lots of color options and you can make really cute eye looks with it." —emmahoiser
Get it from Sephora for $44.
3. The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + Hyaluronic Acid Scalp Serum, a must-have new product for anyone who has let the dry, cold, winter season take control of their scalp. This serum will help bring it back to life so you can say "see ya!" to your scalp's current dry and flaky situation.
This lovely serum has a milky consistency and is packed with moisturizing ingredients like squalane and hyaluronic acid to support hydration. It's great for all hair types and is fragrance-free, cruelty-free, gluten-free, and free of parabens, formaldehydes, phthalates, sulfates SLS and SLES, and other harmful ingredients.
Promising review: "My hair stylist literally said 'omg what are you doing to make your hair this thick?' the last time I got my hair cut. I am so excited to have someone else noticing how amazing this serum works. Highly recommend, super affordable, I love this brand." —RachaelMichelle
Get it from Sephora for $12.80.
4. Make Up Forever HD Skin Undetectable Longwear Foundation, which is available in 39 shades, so after you discover how amazingly it works you'll be able to gift it to every single one of your friends.
This new foundation is (takes a deep breath) free of parabens, formaldehydes, formaldehyde-releasing agents, phthalates, mineral oil, retinyl palmitate, oxybenzone, coal tar, hydroquinone, sulfates SLS and SLES, triclocarban, triclosan, and contains less than one percent synthetic fragrance. It is made up of a lovely liquid formula that is long-wearing, waterproof, and great for oily, combo, and normal skin.
Promising review: "This is liquid gold right here!! I don't even have to use moisturizer before applying! Lasts ALL day and has flawless coverage. I have found my forever foundation!" —crustal
Get it from Sephora for $43 (available in 39 shades).
5. Hyper Even Fade and Glow AHA Mask, a must-have for anyone who has been on the hunt for a product that'll give their skin a boost while also helping to clean their pores.
The mask is paraben-free, pthalate-free, sulfate-free, and pthalate-free. It's filled with all kinds of goodies like an mandelic acid (an AHA derived from almonds), glycolic acid (an AHA that exfoliates and boosts collagen production), papaya, sea buckthorn, tumeric, salicyclic acid (a BHA derived from willow bark), vitamin B3, and vitamin E. You'll only need to use a dime-sized amount one to two times a week, so this tube should last a while!
Hyper Skin is a Black woman-owned business that launched in 2019.
Promising review: "I love this mask! My face was instantly brighter after rinsing this off. I applied for 15 minutes and had no stinging or burning at all, it felt very gentle. When I washed it off, my face was instantly more radiant and so soft and smooth. I followed with a moisturizer and could not stop touching my face." —Melissa
6. Kosas Revealer Skin-Improving Foundation to help improve your skin overall while providing you with the natural, medium coverage you often look for in a foundation.
This foundation is available in a whopping 36 shades, so you're bound to find a shade that matches your one-of-a-kind skin! It has SPF 25 built right in for some protection from the sun, is Clean at Sephora, is vegan, cruelty-free, gluten-free and comes in recyclable packaging. It'll treat your skin with hyaluronic acid, niacinamide, peptides, squalane, vitamin B5, arnica, and caffeine all the while providing you with the perfect base to apply your makeup over. Ya love to see it.
Kosas is a woman-owned small business that launched in 2015.
Promising review: "This foundation is perfect. My skin looks smoother, and brighter after applying this with just my fingers (I didn’t have my sponge or brush with me). I’m so impressed, and happy to have finally found a foundation that I actually love." —MegSuee
Get it from Sephora for $42 (available in 36 shades).
7. Milk Makeup Rise Lifting + Lengthening Mascara, made of 93% natural ingredients you can count on to help you create the lashes of your dreams without thinking twice about them losing their curl or developing yucky clumps.
Promising review: "If you want lashes that give you that WOW factor, this mascara is IT! I do already use growth serum on my lashes but nothing gives me the length, curl, and definition this mascara does. Forget the lash curler, you won't even need it! Hands down my favorite mascara of 2022." —Mabelita89
Get it from Sephora for $14+ (available in two sizes).
8. And Milk Makeup Bionic Glow, a magical hydrating liquid illuminator you can count on to make it seem like you've been out enjoying the sunshine despite the fact it's the middle of winter.
Promising review: "Very easy to apply with my fingers and to make it look more blended use the brush. A little is enough and the glow finish is natural. Thanks to the ingredients they contain, such as hyaluronic acid, my skin felt hydrated. And I love that it is natural, clean, vegan, and cruelty-free. Highly recommended." —yahairaperez
Get it from Sephora for $34 (available in two shades).
9. Fenty Icon The Fill Semi-Matte Refillable Lipstick, in case you often finish your entire tube of lipstick and would really benefit from having a refillable option to ensure you'll never be without your signature shade.
Rihanna's fabulous lipstick is free of parabens and phthalates in addition to being cruelty-free and vegan. It features hylaruonic acid, vitamin C and vitamin E to keep your lips nourished while looking better than ever. Choose your color and a coordinating case, add the base of the case to the lipstick, and enjoy!
Promising review: "The case is really cool. The fact that I don't have to buy a whole new tube of lipstick is ingenious. I love this shade. It's neutral with a hint of color to complement my skin tone. I will continue to buy these and try other shades." —Jeanie81
10. Morphe X Nyane Fierce Fairytale Artistry Palette, complete with 30 (!!!) eyeshadow shades you'll be able to use for stunning bold looks that'll definitely turn some heads when you walk by looking more fabulous than ever.
I had this palette but admittedly gave it to my sister (AKA, she stole it from my makeup stash). The colors are perfectly vibrant and pigmented but you can easily customize them to be as bright or as muted as you'd like. I personally enjoyed that the entire palette is fairytale-themed, hehe.
Promising review: "I LOVE this eyeshadow! All of the colors are so pretty! I saw it in the store and just stared for several minutes I was so swept away by its beauty." —Melli
Get it from Ulta for $30.
11. Common Heir Retinol Serum you'll love for its gorgeous packaging and, of course, its ability to nourish and renew your skin.
The retinol is silicone-free, fragrance-free, cruelty-free, and features biodegradable vegan capsules. It was made specifically with melanin-rich skin and sensitive skin in mind, so anyone can enjoy the glow of a facial without concerns over irritations. It's also made with nourishing ingredients like plant-derived squalane, algae oil, astralagus (a root), and spilanthes acmella (an antioxidant plant).
Common Heir is a woman-owned business that was founded by Angela Ubias and Cary Lin in 2020.
12. Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Niacinamide Sunscreen SPF 50, because if you're going to commit to protecting your skin from the sun *all* year (as we all should) it might as well smell like a delicious summery fruit.
I recently received this sunscreen and can't wait to test it out (I'm a big fan of Glow Recipe as it is). Luckily, BuzzFeed editor Maitland Quitmeyer tried it out already and loved it. She said:
"Glow Recipe just launched their first sunscreen and I wore it all weekend and am already obsessed. It's *super* glowy, doesn't feel greasy or have an unpleasant texture, and looks gorge under makeup. It really feels like skincare and sunscreen. It's SPF 50, which I love, and I sat outside in the sun for a couple of hours yesterday and felt like the coverage was great. I'm very pale, so I can't personally attest to whether it has a white cast or not, but it's formulated to be sheer and blendable."
This lovely sunscreen is filled with vitamin B3, hyaluronic acid, and aloe in addition to being vegan and cruelty-free — it even comes in recyclable packaging.
Get it from Glow Recipe for $34.
13. Jenny Patinkin Blotter Baby Mattifying Roller, featuring a tiny roller ball that'll absorb oil without stripping away your carefully applied makeup — and it can be used time and time again.
This sure-to-be helpful gadget features a mineral rich limestone clay roller ball that absorbs oil without leaving your face chalky or removing any of your makeup. It's way more eco-friendly than disposable blotting papers.
Get it from Jenny Patinkin for $22.