43 Things To Make Your Bedroom Your Favorite Room In Your House
Aesthetically pleasing floating shelves, a posable stick figure lamp, and the coziest weighted blanket you'll likely ever see.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A castle-shaped sun catcher that'll fill your room with rainbows, magic, and overall good Disney vibes.
WishUponMagic is a woman-owned small business based in Arcadia, California. They make some of the most magical and adorable stickers and keychains I've ever seen. I have tooooons of their stickers all over my belongings and this lovely sun catcher hanging in the window of my home office. I'm planning to get another one for my kitchen window — why not fill my entire home with rainbows?
2. A 24-pack of outlet decals to make you giggle even when you're extra sleepy and don't feel like getting out of bed.
3. A TikTok-famous digital clock that'll also double as a mirror so you can use it to tell the time and apply lipstick before heading out.
It also features two USB outlets, so you can charge your phone directly from it.
Promising review: "This is a pretty basic alarm clock, but the mirror finish and large blue display give this a very modern look. Brightness is adjustable and controls are fairly simple. Blue is a deep vibrant shade and looks awesome against the mirror finish." —J. Pennington
Get it from Amazon for $21.95 (available in two colors).
4. A floral duvet cover to bring the freshness of spring into your bedroom — you'll love it even more during the dreary winter months.
The set comes with a microfiber duvet cover and two pillow cases. Don't forget to pick up a duvet insert as well!
Promising review: "Absolutely love this duvet. I was having a hard time finding a geometric boho/mid century style duvet that wasn’t $200 and up. I love Amazon for this reason! Quality is great, love that it has a zipper instead of buttons. Have literally bought all our bedding from Amazon! This was a perfect addition to our guest room." —Steven W. Finckbeiner
Get it from Amazon for $28.99+ (available in sizes twin, full/queen, and king and nine styles).
5. An industrial desk lamp that'll keep you company during your slightly-too-late reading session of your latest steamy romance novel, uh I mean, historical novel.
Promising review: "I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE these lamps! I bought two of them, one for each of my nightstands. They are so adorable and so modern farmhouse-y!! They are extremely lightweight and look so good in our room. I wanted a more intimate lighting so my significant other could have their light on at night if I was sleeping, so I wouldn’t wake up. I like them so much I would buy them again." —Lauren Cammarata
Get it from Amazon for $19.99.
6. A ton of tea lights to transform any room of your home into a soothing, romantically lit haven you'll never want to leave (you know, just like they do in rom-coms!).
BuzzFeed writer Mallory Mower has these. She said:
"These are the candles I use when I need a really relaxing bath. I love that they don't have a scent, so their aroma doesn't clash with the bubbles or salts I have in the water. They last a surprisingly long time and create the most calming atmosphere."
Get a pack of 100 on Amazon for $19.99.
7. A macrame swing for the corner of the room — just imagine how soothing it would be to curl up with a blanket and nap or read in there. Delightful.
This swing can hold up to 265 pounds.
Promising review: "Bought this for my 6-year-old's room makeover. She loves it and curls up in it most days. She piles in the pillows and blankets to make the ropes cozy. I had my dad, who built houses for a living, install it for me to make sure it was secure but I think as long as you use a stud finder and have a good screw driver, anyone can do this." —KrisSquared
Get it from Amazon for $47.99.
8. A Samsung TV that'll disguise itself as an elegant picture frame when it's not in use. A magical marvel in home decor and technology if you ask me.
BuzzFeed writer Mallory Mower has and loves her frame TV. She said: "This is honest and truly the best splurge I have ever made. It has massively upgraded the look in my living room. My husband loves the photography options and I love all the classical paintings – as someone who loves changing up my decor, being able to update the display images has been so fun. The quality is fantastic while watching movies and TV...but I'm pretty sure I love it as a piece of art in my home even more."
Promising review: "We love our new frame TV. At first I was expecting to display my own photos but we really enjoy the high quality and high resolution photos that are available with the service and decided to continue our subscription. We tour different famous works and love the selection. The flat mount was easy to install and the design is sleek and smart. It makes our living space pop with color versus just having a normal TV." —Rich D
Get it from Amazon for $527.99+ (available in six sizes, six styles, and with or without expert installation).
9. Wood floating shelves you'll find super simple to install so instead of wasting time reading instructions you can spend your day deciding what to put on display instead.
Promising review: "Purchased these shelves to display our growing Game of Thrones Funko collection. The shelves were super easy to install and are really sturdy. We loved the color! The different sized widths of shelves accommodated the different sizes of pops, which worked great for us. Thinking about buying another set for more displays!" —Pamela
Get them from Amazon for $22.99+ (available in three sizes).
10. A platform bed with built-in storage, in case you need extra room to stow away all of your clothes — your cherished band tees deserve a proper home.
I had a similar bed to this in my apartment for five years and it was absolutely essential to keeping my room in order (I have, uh, quite a bit of clothing). It's great to be able to neatly fold all of your tees, pajamas, etc., and then hide 'em away in a drawer under the bed. Also great if you need to "clean up" in a hurry and stuff the drawers to the brim then simply shut it........but I never did that ;).
Promising review: "This is an AMAZING bed frame, especially for the cost. I was really afraid this wouldn't be sturdy, or look nothing like the photos...couldn't have been more wrong! The drawers are huge and strong enough for clothing/shoes. This was the easiest piece of furniture I've ever assembled. The instructions cover literally everything, all tools are included, hardware is completely organized and labeled beautifully. One person put it together in about two hours. The drawers took the longest (and were the most difficult), frame itself was together in just under an hour. Honestly, this whole frame seems like it would easily disassemble/reassemble and still be just as sturdy. Truly had a great time putting this together and it's absolutely beautiful. I'd buy another just to put it together!" —Courtney
Get it from The Novogratz on Amazon for $294.04+ (available in sizes twin, full, queen, and king and four colors).
11. An end table with soft-close drawers so when you get in an argument with your partner you can very dramatically pretend to slam them without actually doing any damage.
My husband and I each have one of these end tables and love them. They come essentially 95% built — all you'll have to do is attach the legs. The quality is fantastic and the color is rich and warm. The soft close drawers, obviously, aren't a necessity but we do enjoy that extra little feature.
Get it from Article for $349 (also available as a mountable single drawer and in three colors).
12. A unique bookshelf to put your favorites on display in a more artful way — finally somewhere appropriate to show off your Jane Austen collection.
Promising review: "What a gorgeous piece of practical and artistic furniture. I always seem to need bookshelves for my growing home library but didn’t want to just put a boxy bookcase against the limited wall space I have. This book tree is a fantastic solution. It allows me to display books in a unique manner I can easily find the book I need. It was not difficult to assemble and it took less than 20 minutes to have it installed." —Sunshine Mel
Get it from Amazon for $95.99.
13. A turntable that'll help bring music into your bedroom in an old school (but now super trendy) way while also adding in a conversational piece of decor.
My husband has this record player and it's become such a beloved piece in our home. We love putting it on during dinner time and letting the music drift from the living room into the kitchen while we cook. Super soothing and gives you an excuse to start searching for all kinds of vinyl records to add to your collection. Note that you'll need to also pick up a pair of speakers to get the full experience.
Promising review: "I've been collecting vinyl for about nine years now and finally upgraded from my Crosley (a great beginner turntable) to this system. The sound quality is to die for, and I am incredibly happy about my purchase! I paired this system with Edifier R1280T Powered Bookshelf Speakers — I am very satisfied with the sound output, and the setup between the system and speakers was incredibly easy (especially for someone who isn't incredibly tech savvy). Would recommend if you are looking for an upgrade from a 'basic' turntable and want to hear an improved quality of your records, but don't want to break the bank." —RK
Get it from Amazon for $119 (available in four styles).
14. An acrylic vinyl holder to store some of your favorite records while also showing anyone who sets foot in your room what great taste in music you have. Excuse me while I go find my copy of John Mayer's Continuum album...
Promising review: "This item is the perfect addition to my record storage! I can easily flip through my favorite records without causing any damage to them. At first I didn't believe this would be strong enough to flip through up to 50 records and have them hold on the acrylic end piece. I was very wrong! This item is sturdy and strong. I started off just buying just one to see if I would like it and ended up getting another almost immediately. I have many different storage options for my vinyl and this is absolutely my current favorite!" —Kohl
Get it from Amazon for $29.99+ (available in six styles).
15. A print of the Pixar Pal-A-Round ferris wheel that'll look lovely in your bedroom and remind you of "home." Close your eyes and just might be able to smell the California Adventure's popcorn...
16. A farmhouse window-inspired mirror, so you can feel like you've moved into Joanna and Chip Gaines' lovely home without having to cover your walls in shiplap.
AllBarnWood is a small business that sells an array of handmade wooden home decor.
Promising review: "I love this ivory mirror. It is large enough to have a nice presence above our sectional and the pane style matches our windows. I love the cozy farmhouse vibe it gives while adding light to the room." —Christine
17. A Baby Yoda night-light that, for lack of a better term, will become the *light of your life* and be there for you when you get up to pee in the middle of the night.
I am admittedly obsessed with "the Child" and can't get enough of him. That includes letting him reign over my bathroom at night in the form of the night-light.
Promising review: "My children love this in their room at night. It is not too bright. It has a very low, warm light which is just enough for them to see if they need to get up at night to use the restroom, but not bright enough that it keeps them awake." —chocolate*bella
Get it from Amazon for $6.99.
18. An extra large gaming mat, complete with glowing LED edges that'll light up your room. It'll also protect your desk from any accidental spills (yes, just like that time you got a bit too excited that you finally outed your bestie as The Imposter and knocked over an entire cup of coffee).
The mat has 10 different lighting mods that are powered by an easy-to-use USB cable.
Promising review: "This mouse pad is made of high quality materials. I have bought several mouse pads and after a few days or weeks they start to fall apart. This pad has a good amount of padding, it feels well made. As a mouse pad alone, it does a great job. It's big enough to cover most of my desk and have no issues with it at all. The bonus part is that it has RGB lights that can be easily controlled with the attached controller on the top left. It has several different modes like flashing and different color options. This pad has a lot of pros. This product is great and highly recommend it." —Pan
Get it it from Amazon for $18.88+ (available in seven styles).
19. A luxurious silk pillowcase that'll make you feel like you're staying in a fancy hotel rather than your tiny apartment.
Silk pillowcases are said to reduce creases in your skin and prevent breakage and tangling in your hair — which is why I sleep on one every night. I also just love pretending I'm Duchess Kate Middleton or the Queen of England with my fancy freakin' pillow. This one has over 3K 5-star reviews on Amazon, so you know it's the real deal.
Promising review: "After doing some research I found that silk pillowcases could help with frizzy hair. I could not be happier that I bought these because now I can wake up without looking like Mufasa had a bad blowout. Not to mention they are incredibly soft and smooth and I love putting my face on it. Also my boyfriend has noticed a significant decrease in his acne since using this pillow case. I couple this pillow case with a miracle bamboo pillow and it is truly heaven, it has become impossible to get out of bed." —Khalysee
Get it from Amazon for $23.99+ (available in seven sizes and 31 colors).
20. A whimsical decal to transform the back of your bedroom door into a forestry mural — a must-have for anyone who has been listening to Taylor Swift's "Folklore" on repeat for months.
DreamVinyl is a small business that sells made to order vinyl decor that'll upgrade any room in your home.
Promising review: "I am very pleased with the quality and the care taken to ship it to me. It arrived much earlier than I expected. Friends and family that come to visit us can't stop talking about it, and how BEAUTIFUL it is.. Thanks soooooo much." —Maria Zeledon
21. A knit weighted blanket unlike any you've probably seen before — it's weighted naturally with a layering technique instead of with artificial filling. And it looks SO snuggly!
I have one of these and it's my favorite thing to unwind with at the end of the day. I have an anxiety disorder and can often find myself feeling really worked up and typically have physical symptoms like feeling restless. The weight of this blanket helps me to soothe my body and loosen up a bit.
Promising review: "This blanket is great. The material is soft and comfortable. The weight is perfect. What I love the most is that there are no beads used for the weight. I had a previous weighted blanket that the beads came loose after just a few weeks making the blanket useless. This blanket makes you feel like you are wrapped in a soft hug. I sleep so much better and do not wake up as often. I highly recommend this blanket." —Jennifer M.
Get it from Bearaby for $249 (available in 15, 20, or 25 pounds and seven colors).
22. A faux leather wall-mounted headboard that'll easily bring a modern touch to your room and convince everyone you actually know a thing or two about home decor.
Promising review: "Ohhh... I've been chasing this headboard for a while, always out of stock... But I finally caught it in stock, ordered, received, and mounted it to the wall. Just look how cool it is! It is not as heavy as I thought it would be, that's a plus. I mounted it myself, feeling like a handyman over here 😎😆 anyway, I love the style of this headboard. Very unique. Now, I gotta find matching nightstands 🙄." —Xenia
23. A sock and underwear organizer you can count on to keep your drawers in order — you just might be able to keep your socks correctly paired up!
Promising review: "I LOVE LOVE LOVE these organizers!! I almost did not purchase them due to the reviews saying that larger than a C-cup would not fit into the bra organizer. At just $15 for four organizers I took my chances and ordered two sets of four. I figured, worst case scenario I would have to cut the dividers out of the bra organizers. I wear a 32DD and the bras fit beautifully in the organizers. I am so glad I took the chance and did not listen to the reviews. I would have missed out on the best cheapest organizers I have ever found. I ordered another set for tank tops and other extras I did not think of before. I will also order my boyfriend the brown ones for his drawers. Great product for a great price!" —Elizabeth L. Blackwell
Get a four-pack from Amazon for $14.97+ (available in seven colors).
24. A pack of dresser labels that would make Marie Kondo and the ladies from The Home Edit weep with delight — you're going to be so freakin' organized from here on out!
This woman-owned small business was started by organization enthusiast Rachel, who fills her shop with labels for every sort of situation. Made by Moores is based in Westminster, Colorado.
To make your customized labels, write how many stickers you would like (one sticker equals one word), then write each word (i.e. "tank tops" for one and "shorts" for another), after that you can specify if you would like them in all caps, lowercase, or with standard capitalization.
25. A curtain of twinkle lights that'll make you feel like you're sleeping inside a magical fairyland. Who wouldn't want that?
If it were up to me, I would leave my Christmas lights up inside my home all year long. These twinkle lights are a great way to create that look without being overtly holiday-themed. Tinker Bell would certainly approve!
Promising review: "I saw a few pictures online of fairy lights with sheer curtains and loved the look. These lights in particular are perfect for what I was looking for. It gives off a warm, cozy glow and really adds a nice touch of oomph to the room." —NG
Get it from Amazon for $17.99.
26. A gooseneck mount you can attach to your headboard (or wherever!) and insert your device in so you kick back, relax, and unwind for a bit.
This lil' gadget is compatible with phones, tablets, and the Nintendo Switch. So, no matter how you choose to relax after a busy day, it'll support you!
Promising review: "This is exactly what I was looking for. I had been wanting to play my Nintendo Switch in bed without having to hold up the entire console. This mount allows me to have the screen hover above my head while my arms and neck can relax. This is the ultimate in laziness and I love it. :)" —Michael K.
Get it from Amazon for $19.99.
27. An ultra thin electrical cover so you can finally enjoy full access to the outlet behind your dresser — plug this bad boy in and *poof* you'll have not one, not two, but SIX new outlets at your disposal.
Promising review: "The design of this is great. I always hated putting plugs behind furniture and either not using the plug, or the furniture being inches away from the wall. This is the perfect solution. I have a few of these now behind couches and dressers in the house and they are great. This is more expensive than some other flat extension cords but I think the look and quality of these is worth it." —Adam C.
Get it from Amazon for $24.95+ (available in five styles).
28. An adjustable stick figure floor lamp that'll impress even the most pretentious person — it's unique, playful, and will look incredible no matter where you place it in your room.
Promising review: "Got exactly what I expected. Not a high-end, fancy fixture, a nicely priced, fun lamp I could drop in a corner and add some lumens to my home office. Super easy to assemble. Came with extra bolts/washers/etc. and I LOVE that. Hate when a company fails to include the required hardware for assembly. Love that they included extra! I found that once assembled and positioned, I had to go back once to tighten everything. Not sure if that was because I was not aggressive enough the first time, but once I went over it again, works great – stays in place. Want something charming, unpretentious and fun that lights up a section of room? I recommend you consider this floor lamp." —John R.
Get it from Amazon for $97.97+ (available in five colors).
29. A bouquet of dried pampas grass for a natural look you'll never tire of — great for anyone who is a newbie to decorating and fearful of overdoing it (ahem, me).
30. Temporary wallpaper that'll transform your bedroom into one you'd expect to see in a Wes Anderson film — which, IMO, is home decor goals.
One roll is 60.75 square feet. Once you measure your walls you can use the site's wallpaper calculator to ensure you order the perfect amount of paper.
Get it from 2Modern for $125 (available in two styles).
31. A set of mirrored trays to help spruce up the dresser you've been using since your college dorm days — adorn it with a candle, books, your TV remote, whatever! It's going to look absolutely fabulous.
Promising review: "They are much larger than you expect, which is so rare on Amazon. They are the first mirrored item I’ve had delivered with the mirror intact. The gold has a slight worn look to it, which looks nice and I don’t mind because it’s not actively flaking. They already have little pads on the bottom to protect your furniture. Plus gold is super in right now ;) I already know everyone is going to compliment them." —Sean August Horvath
Get it from Amazon for $44.99+ (available in five styles).
32. A set of skateboard shelves that'll look *gnarly* in your bedroom and pay tribute to all of the years you spent skating through the streets of your hometown and/or singing Avril Lavigne's "Sk8er Boi."
Skate or Design is small business based in Philadelphia that recycles broken skateboards by making them into street art-inspired furniture, accessories, and gifts.
Promising review: "This skateboard shelf brings a new vigor and life to my room! Not only is this what I expected, but Jason was super responsive to my messages and seems to actually care for his customers. 10/10, highly recommended and definitely looking to buy more in the near future!" —eliu0247
34. An air purifier, a must-have for any pet owners who spend all of their time snuggling up with their furry friend. This lil' gadget will capture unwanted pet dander, pollen, dust, and more.
Promising review: "I foster kittens for a rescue, and no matter how often I clean the boxes, two or three times daily, and general cleaning, I still have an odor in the room. I got this product out of desperation. It was a good size and weight for kitties bouncing around. I am truly shocked and enormously happy with how it works! My husband was at wits' end with his sensitive nose. He goes in there now and is astonished, no smell. We are getting another for the kitchen! The room is 10×10, and I use it one the two setting. I also enjoy the night light. Very helpful without disturbing sick sleepy babies recovering from illness." —victoria Mohagen
Get it from Amazon for $80+(available in two colors).
35. A backlighting kit, perfect for anyone whose gaming screen is in your shared bedroom so your partner can turn off the overhead lights and get some shut-eye while you play 'til your heart's content.
Promising review: "Do you want to add lights to your monitor, television, or just around a display? Then this is the product for you! Multiple sizes, easy to use, and perfect to add that extra something to whatever it is your working on! Purchased mine for behind my computer monitor and the amount of light is perfect when playing games or using my computer at night as the red setting helps keep me from having a bright light going on. Also great to add when watching videos or movies as you can color-match the screen to add a new layer to your experience. For the price and quality, you can't beat it!" —Timothy S. Smith
Get it from Amazon for $16.99+ (available in five sizes).
36. An essential oil diffuser that'll make your room smell like the soothing yoga studio you vowed to go to once a week but never found the time to return to because life always seems to get in the way. Deeeeep breaths.
This diffuser has a whopping 52,000 5-star reviews from VERY pleased Amazon customers. If that isn't a sign to pick this up, what is? You might as well go ahead and add this set of essential oils to your cart while you're at it (lavender is my personal favorite).
Promising review: "This is a really great diffuser, especially for a first-timer like myself. It's small and simple, and also succeeds in freshening up my entire room. The 30-second burst is great at keeping your space feeling and smelling great throughout the day, while the continuous mode lasts for about six hours so I keep it on while I'm sleeping. Overall, a really great and inexpensive diffuser!" —Pascal Ibe
Get it from Amazon for $13.99+ (available in four styles).