25 Lovely Things To Pick Up From Madewell Just Because
Take it from someone who knows — Madewell jeans very well may change your life.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Unless otherwise specified, all sizes in this post are listed in women's.
3. High-rise knit leggings, because they're a bit more structured and'll stay in place as needed. You'll love pairing them with your favorite oversized tees and sweatshirts.
I tested out these babies and was also a fan. I prefer my leggings to be a bit more soft, but I liked having these as an option for when I wanted to feel like I had a bit more compression. They almost feel tailored in comparison to other leggings, but are still stretchy.
Promising review: "These leggings are fantastic! True to size, great high-waisted fit, and the perfect length (a medium hits right above my ankle and I'm 5'6"). They're not see-through at all and have so far made it through a few washes with no damage whatsoever. Will definitely be buying again!" —LaurenM
Price: $34.50 (available in sizes 2XS–2XL and 3X)
4. A black denim skirt you can pair with your favorite band tee for an edgy look one day then mix with darling stockings and a cardi the next. We loooove a versatile piece!
I have a very similar skirt from Madewell and have gotten so much use out of it over the years! It's forgiving in the waist, matches so many things I already own, and is a basic I never knew I needed.
Price: $69.50 (available in sizes 23–30)
5. A darling mini dress covered in florals you won't be able to help but twirl around in and take a ton of boomerang videos for Instagram.
Promising review: "Tried this dress on in store and I love it! My husband loves it too! Wore it all day and I was turning heads and getting compliments all day! Going to the beach next week and taking this with me! I love that it’s made of cotton and has sleeves because, let’s be honest, AC indoors is often too cool during the summer and sleeves are appreciated. I love that I can wear this to church, a baby shower, a wedding, summer picnic, to the beach. It’s versatile for it all!" —Brownie
Price: $128 (available in sizes 2XS–2XL)
6. Slide sandals complete with a chunky sole and cushy padding that'll ensure you never how to choose between style and comfort — you're welcome.
7. Cropped high-waisted jeans that'll quickly become a staple in your wardrobe all year long thanks to their lovely tapered leg and stretchy waist.
Promising review: "I truly love these jeans. The perfect snug fit every time I put them on and they don’t stretch out after a couple of wears! It gets up in the 100s where I live and I will still choose to wear these to work. Pair with a cute tank, necklaces, and sandals and it’s a daily outfit for me. 10/10 recommend." —Berk
Price: $98.50 (originally $128; available in sizes 23–32 and standard and tall cuts)
9. A zip-top cross-body bag in a unique shape that'll guarantee you'll forever be showered in compliments and asked time and time again "where did you get your bag from????"
I have quite a few Madewell bags because, honestly, they only get better with age! They leather is always super soft and the basic cognac and black styles go with everything. If you want to *really* make it yours you can look into buying a fun strap to go with it!
Price: $138 (available in two colors)
10. A midi dress with pretty buttons all the way down the front you can count on to look gorgeous alongside the Pumpkin Spice Latte you're likely to pose with next month. It's NEVER too soon, IMO.
Promising review: "I was a little nervous this dress would be too large and flowy, but it's excellent. It doesn't fit me like a potato sack at all! It's tighter around the bust for some tasteful cleavage and then flows out from there and hits me mid-calf. I want to wear this dress every day this summer. It's light, easy to dress up or down, and super comfortable." —Benj
Price: $108 (available in sizes 2XS–XL)
12. Chic white jeans because I think you should say "screw it!" and ignore that whole "white-after-Labor-Day" situation. These pants are fabulous and so are you. The end.
Promising review: "These are the first pair of white jean’s I’ve ever owned. I had been a little hesitant in the past because I was afraid they’d be see through or a little unforgiving on the curves... BUT these jeans proved me wrong. They fit so well and hug my curves perfectly. The feel and quality are incredible. I will never get white jeans from anywhere else! If you’ve ever been hesitant about getting white jeans, you won’t regret this purchase!! I truly feel so confident in them!" —Ovilla98
Price: $99 (originally $128; available in sizes 23–32 and plus, petite, standard, and tall cuts).
13. A striped cotton tee that'll feel so soft against your skin you won't want to take it off. Apologies to your other shirts that are about to get suuuuuper jealous.
I'm a Madewell fanatic and literally own like 20 versions of their Whisper Cotton T-shirt. I have no regrets (though my dresser drawers might). It's one of those things that once you buy one you're going to want it in every single iteration — trust me.
Promising review: "This tee is perfect. I love the length and shape of the sleeves, and the shirt is just a great length overall. Super soft, but not see through. I love the stripes and color, and it's very easy to knot if you like a cropped look. Just very pleased with it overall." —Kimmers1021
Price: $12.99+ (available in sizes 2XS–2XL and three colors)
14. A stylish claw clip you can count on to help you take any of your bad hair days from *drab* to *fab* — yes, a single accessory can do that!
Promising review: "Was looking for a nice heavy duty hair clip and couldn't find one that I really liked at a lower price point that was beyond just plain black or brown. Came across this Machete clip and loved the checkered print one so decided to splurge. It's so good! I have fairly thick, curly hair that I recently cut short and this clip holds all my hair up well. Thinking of buying more in the other prints and sizes." —Jenca
Price: $35 (available in five patterns)
15. A slip skirt to remind you of that *one* time you had the idea to skip through a field of daisies but then soon found out bugs live in fields....so this floral skirt will just have to fill that urge instead.
Promising review: "I love this skirt! It looks great paired with a graphic tee or just a simple tank top. It can be dressed up with heels, dressed down with flip-flops or, to give it an edge, it looks great with Doc Martens. I love its versatility as it can be worn in the summer, or going into fall paired with a jean jacket. This skirt is a must-have staple to add to one's closet." —Veerider
Price: $98 (available in sizes 00–16)
17. A floral midi dress that'll help you achieve a look that says Bridgerton but on Casual Friday. It's stunning and would be a lovely addition to your wardrobe.
Promising review: "This dress is STUNNING. It's the kind of effortless glamour I've needed in my life and I can't wait to wear it everywhere all summer. The material is soft, the sleeves are adorable, the floral pattern is lovely and it's just all around wonderful." —Madjacks16
Price: $128 (available in sizes 2XS–2X)
18. Curvy high-rise skinny crop jeans for anyone who has been looking to replace the pair they've had since high school that have holes in them (and not the trendy kind).
Promising review: "I love these jeans so much! I've been feeling down about my body during quarantine. I ordered these jeans, put them on, and VOILA — perfect for my body. I feel like a curvy goddess. I'm a classic pear shape and carry most of my weight in my hips/thighs. I'm 5-foot-6, 136 pounds and I ordered the 29. Its perfect — it actually FITS my waist and makes it look small and flawless. It comfortably fits my thighs/butt and if anything makes my butt look juicer than it actually is. And to top it all off the pants fit my calves/ankles and aren't too big in that area. These jeans are truly perfect and have made me feel so good. " —Neda94
Price: $128 (available in sizes 23–32)
19. Loafer mules you'll likely refer to as your "adult shoe" since they'll make all of your outfits look more refined.
OK, so maybe *I* have these and I'm the one who refers to them as my "big girl shoes." What can I say? When I slip them on I feel both classy and important — yes, a good pair of shoes can do that. I love that they are backless so there is no need to worry about them rubbing against the back of my ankle (those blisters are the worst). The leather is soft and the mahogany color truly goes with everything. These are easily my favorite shoes for when the weather is starting to cool down but the summer heat still hasn't fulllllly dissipated. These are shoes I can imagine having for a very, very long time.
Promising review: "So, I recently purchased the loafer version and sadly they didn’t work out for me. But then, Madewell came out with the mule and I immediately ran to go purchase. This shoe is super comfortable and incredibly stylish. It upgrades your outfit to a whole different level. I’ve worn these babies everywhere and have gotten loads of compliments on them! If you’re looking for a shoe that gives you a classic look of a loafer but the convenience and comfortability of a slipper, look no further because this is it." —Lyss620
Price: $128 (available in sizes 5–11 and two colors)
21. A puffy braided headband that'll make you look like you just scored a leading role in the Gossip Girl reboot — or, at the very least, a quick Blair Waldorf-approved cameo.
Promising review: "I have a hard time with headbands giving me a headache or pinching, and I dislike the knotted style. I am so glad to finally come across a headband I love — will def be wearing this all year around, especially in summer when I need the frizziness away from my face!" —Roxanaar
Price: $9.99+ (available in four styles)
22. Biker shorts, because you honestly should just cave and get on board with this trend. They were good enough for Princess Diana which should be reason enough to own a pair yourself.
Promising review: "These biker shorts win best overall out of all the other biker shorts I’ve come across. The material is smooth and flexible. Not too tight but not too loose. Holds your shape well but also allows for full range of motion. The material is not see-through at all. These bad boys get all the gold stars for me!" —Tiff11
Price: $55 (available in sizes 2XS–2XL and three colors)
23. The Transport tote, which'll give you enough room to stow away all of the weird things you somehow manage to carry in your daily purse. Bed Bath & Beyond coupon from 2011? Check. Pen from that hotel you stayed in once? Yep, it'll fit.
I have this bag and it is one of my fondest possessions. It truly only gets better with time as the leather becomes softer and more worn-in. It's nice that it has an open top, making it easy to throw anything and everything in it. I also appreciate the large front pocket on the front and the smaller one along the inside lining.
Promising review: "I've had this bag for about four years. I've carried it pretty much every day filled with lots of heavy law books. I thought it would eventually break because the straps do look thin, but it hasn't even gotten close. Still looks amazing and sturdy as ever. Will probably buy another one in a new color sometime soon. I highly recommend!!!" —LBF22
Price: $168+ (available in three colors and with or without personalization)