37 Cute Pieces Of Black Clothing Because You Don't Care If It's Hot Out
"All black everything." —my personal wardrobe and likely yours after you realize these dresses, shorts, leggings, and tops will pretty much match anything you already own.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Unless otherwise specified, all sizes in this post are listed in women's.
1. A sexy bodycon dress you can wear to a wedding when you know there's going to be a fine selection of bridesmaids or groomsmen to impress.
2. A patch sweatshirt for anyone who has style that's *out of this world* and has yet to forget about that whole Area 51 ordeal.
BuzzFeed editor Genevieve Scarano has and likes this pull over:
"I personally own this sweatshirt and I wear it all the time! It goes well with joggers and leggings and it's my go-to piece of clothing whenever I'm relaxing at home or spending solo time outdoors."
Promising review: "I love these shirts, I got the black alien and the white wave shirt. They fit perfect and have held up (as well as the designs) through lots of washes. I wear these out during the day and I also wear them to bed sometimes because they’re so comfy. " —sara
Get it from Amazon for $4.99+ (available in sizes XS—XL and 35 styles).
3. A high-waisted pleated skirt you'll want to twirl around in like Beyoncé on her haters... to generate a breeze because, let's face it, it's hotter than hell.
Promising review: "Bought this for a trip to Italy and was AMAZED at the high quality. I’m a curvy girl and would normally get an XL, but after reading reviews about stretchy waistband opted for the L and it was a perfect fit. It hangs beautifully. Highly recommend." —Dr. Shannelle
Get it from Amazon for $22.99 (available in sizes S–2XL and 45 styles).
4. A dress starring thin straps that cross in the back that'll reveal an unexpected sexy surprise to whomever you walk away from — be sure to do it with drama and flair!
Promising review: "I love this dress. It’s made from a great quality material that is thick but breathable and also stretchy. I also have pretty small breasts so I was a little concerned about them fitting in the dress. I tried it on with no bra and the dress actually hugs them so they don’t look bad. The straps are also adjustable to make the dress tighter or looser." —Kristina
Get it from Amazon for $17.96+ (available in sizes 0–20 and 27 styles).
5. A scoop neck tank, perfect for showing off that awesome tan you've been working on (or magically got just walking back and forth to the store because it's SO FREAKIN' HOT).
Promising review: "I wear a lot of sleeveless tanks/blouses with cardigans for work. I didn’t want it to be tight, and I’m between a M/L and went with the large. Definitely wish I would’ve gotten a medium. But other than the arm holes being a tad too big, I’m delighted with my purchase! I got the navy blue top and it’s not see through at all. Super light!" —Ashlee B.
Get it from Amazon for $15.99 (available in sizes S–2XL and 11 styles).
6. A loose-fitting maxi dress so versatile, you'll easily be able to rock it at brunch or at the beach.
Promising review: "Love this dresses. I have a few different colors. They can be worn casually, or dressed up with accessories. The material is soft and silky. Washes nice, I wash mine in the machine on cold and hang to dry, they still look new after several washes. This dress is definitely made for taller women, I'm 5'8" and I tie the front in a knot, the back still slightly touches the ground...but I like it that way." —Michelle Castillo
Get it from Amazon for $17+ (available in sizes S–2XL and 42 styles).
7. Bike shorts you'll likely love so much you'll want to buy multiple pairs of so you can wear 'em every day of the week. Did I mention they have....pockets?!
BuzzFeed editor (and bike short fan) Emma Lord has and likes these:
"I bought these for running last month and WHOOPS, I wear them all the time. Very comfortable, just the right amount of compression, and they wash up really nicely."
Get them from Amazon for $19.99+ (available in sizes XS–3XL and in 43 colors, prints, and lengths).
8. A bodycon number you can dress up with statement heels for an unforgettable look — you truly can't go wrong with a Little Black Dress!
I wore this dress to a bachelorette party, but my first thought was "I can totally wear this to a wedding." It gives your body that va-va-voom look without feeling overly exposed — I'm definitely going to order it in another color.
Get it from Amazon for $19.99+ (available sizes S–XL and 19 colors).
9. High-waisted leggings from Aerie's Offline collection, aka my holy grail, wear every single day, absolute favorite pair of leggings. They're stretchy, soft, and perfect for both working out or hanging out. I simply adore them.
During this entire year (wow) of working from home I have made it a personal goal to find the BEST black leggings of all time. The GOAT of leggings. And for me, Aerie's are IT! Between this style and their crossover pair, I've been wearing mostly these "to work" for 12 months. I own multiple black pairs and love that they come in short lengths! A game-changer for me! These are the most affordable of all the leggings I've tried and loved — I simply cannot recommend them enough.
Get them from Aerie for $31.46 (originally $44.95; available in sizes 2XS–2XL, in regular, long, and short lengths, and five colors).
Check out this post if you'd like more recommendations on black leggings!
10. A stylish shift dress featuring a double-tiered skirt you won't be able to stop yourself from twirling around in.
Promising review: "I absolutely love this dress — so much so that I bought it in three different colors. It’s so comfortable and the length and flow is perfect. If you want more length and/or are between sizes, I’d recommend sizing up." —Taylor
Get it from Amazon for $23.98+ (available in sizes S–2XL and in 33 colors).
11. An Adrianna Papell jumpsuit with an over-the-top bow accent on the shoulder that'll look absolutely astounding in photos — you can be *colorful* without even wearing a drop of color.
My mom recently wore an Adrianna Papell jumpsuit (off of Amazon!) to my cousin's wedding and got SO many compliments. She's not a big fan of dresses and loved that she could wear something comfortable and stylish while still feeling appropriately dressed.
Promising review: "This jumpsuit is exactly what I was looking for to wear for my daughter’s rehearsal dinner. It fits perfectly!! Love the bow!!" —Susan Frost
Get it from Amazon for $71.98+ (available in sizes 2–16 and two colors).
12. A crocheted one-piece that'll assure you are the sexiest person at the pool — it has adjustable straps so you can ensure it fits *exactly* the way you like it. Work it, honey!
Promising review: "This is a great suit. I would like to note I was wearing a bathing suit for the first time in many seasons — so I wasn’t thinking ahead about wearing sunscreen under the torso area. Unfortunately I spent way too much time outdoors wearing this well-fitting, comfortable, fairly conservatively cut suit. It doesn’t ride up. I didn’t need the straps that came with it and I was delighted to find there were two options — wide straps and string spaghetti style. Nice to have that alternative. However, I burned my belly and now will have this lovely decorative lace element on my abdomen all summer long! Don’t be me — wear sunscreen EVERYWHERE!! Probably gonna buy another color, but the navy is gorgeous!!" —Ellen Delano
Get it from Amazon for $31.99 (available in sizes 2–16 and in seven styles).
13. Shaping pull-on Levi Strauss jeans you'll wear for years thanks to how fabulously they pair with everything you own — I truly cannot think of a more versatile piece of clothing than standard black jeans.
Promising review: "Okay, I'm not going to lie. I was skeptical about these pants. I hate buying clothes online without trying them on first, but the reviews here said that it runs true to size, so I trusted them. I am SO GLAD that I did. These pants are everything I ever wanted. Make my butt look cute? Check. No nasty zipper to dig into my gut? Check. Perfect length for any season? Check. I can wear these with a cute blouse as a teacher, and still look professional, while still being comfortable. I feel comfortable wearing these basically any time, and I think that if you're lacking a pair of them, and thinking about it, you should go get a pair. They're AMAZING." —AlySedai
Get it from Amazon for $18.99+ (available in sizes 2–28, in three lengths, and eight styles).
Psst: This item is included in Prime Wardrobe, so you can give it a trial run if you're a member!
14. A panama hat with matching belt buckle that'll tie your all-black ensemble together — just think of how cute you'll look wearing it while also keeping the sun out of your face.
Promising review: "I have ordered plenty of cute hats like this that claimed to be good for large heads...they weren't. This was the only hat I've ordered that fits my large head. It also will fit smaller heads as it has adjustable strings on the inside. Also so cute and perfect for fall!!!" —Maddie
Get it from Amazon for $15.99 (available in 37 colors).
15. A flowing duster-style cardigan made of a lightweight material, perfect for throwing over your fave tee on chillier evenings.
16. A black sherpa hoodie you'll pat yourself on the back for buying mid-summer when you venture over to your bestie's who chooses to keep their home as cold as the Antarctic in the winter.
Promising review: "I never write reviews but this sweater is pretty awesome for a few different reasons. It is super soft and fuzzy, and its not that fuzzy material that sticks to your skin (I hate that). The ends of the sleeves are a long elastic/cotton, makes it look like a sweater and not a bathrobe, very nice. And it has two deep pockets!" —Liz Dunlop
Get it from Amazon for $32.99+ (available in sizes S–2XL and 19 styles).
17. A black jean jacket, because why buy a blue when when you can get one in BLACK! Cover it in all kinds of fantastic enamel pins and patches to make it uniquely yours.
Promising review: "I have to be honest, I didn't expect much from a $30 jean jacket from Amazon, but I've been futilely looking for one I really liked and thought that it couldn't hurt to try given the good reviews. I now absolutely love this jacket and wore it almost every day on a recent trip abroad." —Jenn
Get it from Amazon for $31.80 (available in sizes XS–XL and 10 colors).
18. A witty crewneck sweatshirt that'll guarantee you'll have a ~ghoul~ time whenever you wear it.
My colleague Mallory Mower and I both took one look at this sweatshirt and knew we had to have it. It's super soft and cozy and we both wear it all year round (spooky season isn't just October, friends).
Femfetti is a small business run by a squad of incredibly creative women in Columbus, Ohio. They've been making apparel since 2013 — every design features hand-drawn illustrations and lettering!
19. A pair of high-waisted flare pants that'll let you show off the fact you're kind of a diva (in a good way) without diverting from your need for being comfortable at all times.
Promising review: "I wore these pants on a first date and they made my booty and thighs look amazing. I also wore these pants to my office job and my coworkers went crazy over them. I literally emailed and texted shared item and copied links to these pants all day. They are so soft. You want to touch them all day and they make great sleep pants." —Christina Tahey
Get them from Amazon for $18.99 (available in sizes S–2XL and 16 colors).
20. A longline sports bra that'll turn heads in your next yoga class (whether it's virtual or IRL!). It's super supportive and has eye-catching straps in the back.
BuzzFeed editor Abby Kass has and loves this tank:
"After writing about this sports bra for so long and seeing the number of five-star reviews increasing, I decided to try it out myself. I first got it in black and liked it so much that I've gone back to purchase it in multiple colors (and am currently considering more). It is SO comfortable and soft. I wear the black one with a pair of Lululemon leggings, and honestly, they feel about the same. It is super supportive, and I really like the extra length because I like having that little bit of extra coverage. I've worn it for yoga and cardio classes, and it's just as great for both. I highly recommend this sports bra, especially for the price."
Get it from Amazon for $28 (available in sizes XS–XL and 29 styles).
21. A black halter dress you better believe will leave your date's jaw hanging out on the floor when they see you enter the room — it's absolutely FIRE.
Kin by Kristine is a Black woman-owned small business based in Los Angeles that sells fabulous fashions.
Get it from Kin by Kristine for $80.95 (available in sizes 14–26).
22. A sweat-wicking racerback tank, perfect for wearing to work out or if you're running late.
Promising review: "These are my new favorite workout shirts. I use them for running and HIIT workouts. They are perfect for anything that involves sweating. I have them in almost every color. The price is perfect for what you get and the fit is exactly what you expect. The material is thin, but I prefer that in an active shirt for breath-ability. These shirts are perfect for anything gym and outdoor activity related!! I really love this brand." —JanetSnakehole
Get it from Amazon for $10.39+ (available in sizes XS–XL, in sets of three, and 18 styles).
Psst: This item is included in Prime Wardrobe, so you can give it a trial run if you're a member!
23. A cute tank with scallop details, in case the thought of wearing sleeves during the summer makes you wanna scream.
Promising review: "I love that this top is super basic and can be worn with pretty much anything, but the scallop detailing and high neck make it cuter than just a plain tank crop. It does fit snuggly, but that’s the style I was looking for. If you are looking for a looser fit, or if you are well endowed in the chest area, you may want to size up. But regardless, the fabric is super stretchy and forgiving." —Stacey Gebler
Get it from Amazon for $11.99+ (available in sizes XS–L and 33 styles).
24. A dress with sleeves that'll set your heart ~aflutter~ the moment you put it on — it's comfortable, stylish, and perfect for an array of events.
Promising review: "This dress fit me like a dream! It fit over my larger chest without thinning out or becoming see-through. I am short and have an uncommon body shape, but this needed no alterations at all. Buy this dress, ladies. You can thank me later." —Rachel
Get it from Amazon for $21.80+ (available in sizes XS–XL and 21 colors).
25. A strappy binkini you'll look and feel fabulous while wearing, even if you're just taking a dip in the blow-up kiddie pool you purchased for yourself to try and make the most out of this summer.
Promising review: "If I could leave more than 5 stars for this swimsuit, I WOULD!!!! I want to scream from the rooftops about how amazing the fit and feel of this beautiful set are. I put this on and immediately felt like a million dollars. The top boasts padded cups and adjustable everything, making it fit well no matter your size. I generally have a hard time staying in bikini cups, and I was able to tighten the back AND sides of this suit for a perfect fit. Well-made, well-loved, and I will wear this suit to EVERY beach and pool party from now on!!" —Annie Hinz
Get it from Amazon for $29.88 (available in sizes M–3XL and four styles).
26. A bleached tie-dye sweatsuit that'll become the only exception in your preferred all-black-wardrobe only because it was *originally* black so it still fits the bill.
Revamped By Ally is a woman-owned small business based in Ohio. If you're looking for stylish loungewear, you'll find custom-bleached T-shirts, hoodies, sweatshirts, and so much more.
Promising review: "Like all of us, I’ve been spending a lot of time at home the past six months. So I’ve been getting a ton of use from this sweatsuit, which I love! It is comfortable but still makes me feel put together. I’ve even gotten compliments on it over Zoom!" —Etsy Customer
28. Leggings you'll easily be able to wear to work out or to scroll endlessly through your Instagram feed — they're stretchy and have a nonhugging fit that'll feel appropriate for either activity. We love a two-for-one piece of clothing!
Promising review: "I love these leggings! They've held up to every workout I've put them through (running, HIIT, hiking, strength workouts, etc). I've washed and dried them several times with no pilling and no shrinkage. The price is a steal for the quality of these leggings! I'll definitely be buying more!" —Amazon Customer
Get them from Amazon for $16.78+ (available in sizes XS—2XL, packs of two, and 39 colors).
29. A two-piece set for anyone who loves to throw something on quickly in the morning without wondering "does this even match?"
30. Badass band tees featuring Fleetwood Mac or Elton John (whatever you prefer) you can count on to look awesome whether you pair them with ripped denim or bike shorts.
31. A crewneck to help you express your entire mood — a skeleton sippin' on some coffee. It's just as relatable as it is comfortable!
32. A reliable bodysuit you can throw on with jeans, shorts, or a skirt without having to fret about trying to get the *perfect* tuck.
Promising review: "This is truly the most comfortable body suit I've ever had. The snap is further up so it's easier to manage and so much more comfortable. It fit spot on according to the size chart and looks super cute. Highly recommend!" —Allie22
Get it from Madewell for $45 (available in sizes 2XS–2XL and in two colors).
33. A body-hugging dress that'll have you channeling Julia Roberts' confidence in Pretty Woman as you strut through the aisle of the 1000th wedding you have this summer.
Promising review: "This dress was better then I would have imagined! The material is thick and of great quality with some soft padding for your breasts. I chose to order this dress at the last minute for a wedding I had to attend just three days later and I am so pleased that I did. I would definitely recommend it!" —Calvin
Get it from Amazon for $19.99+ (available in sizes S–2XL and six colors).