39 Gift Ideas For Kids If You Have No Clue What To Get Them
A color-changing Barbie doll, a grow-your-own-crystal kit, a book filled with Lego building ideas, and so much more.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
What a year! The holidays are finally here! And while we’re doing our best to make sure the products we feature will arrive in time, shipping times are especially tricky this year, so we suggest shopping as early as you can.
Stock and shipping times can vary depending on where you live, which product you purchase, and more. So order earlier than you think you need to and be sure to double-check the retailers’ websites for shipping information to ensure that your gift will arrive in time for when you need it.
1. A set of massive bubble wands so enchanting that even the angstiest of kids won't be able to resist giving them a go.
The set also comes with instructions on how to make the BIGGEST bubbles possible! It's great for kids of all ages.
Promising review: "The wand is awesome, but even MORE awesome is that I just used regular bubble solution (way cheaper, found anywhere) and it worked just as well. Maybe better. Some people in reviews have said that you must use the packets that come with the wand, but I gave it a shot anyway with regular bubbles and it worked just fine, with no noticeable difference." —Lauri
Get it from Amazon for $14.95.
2. A glow-in-the-dark fort-building kit that'll put the blanket forts you built as a kid to shame. It'll also encourage your kid's imagination to run wild.
The set comes with 53 rods and 28 spheres. It's recommended for kids 4 and up.
Promising review: "Great gift for kids of all ages. My 8-year-old loved getting this for Christmas! She played with it all day while more expensive gifts sat under the tree...LOL. We built so many different structures and most of them she did on her own. Will probably buy a second one to expand her designs and creative thinking. I recommend highly!" —awalker
Get it from Amazon for $34.95.
3. A supersized version of Connect 4 that'll provide your squad with hours upon hours of simple fun. The only downfall is they might never want to play the regular version again!
This set is recommended for children 8 years and older.
Promising review: "Best purchase! We bought it for the kids but my husband and I stayed up until 1 a.m. playing!! It was a hit at our party! Great quality. Yes, you can hit the bar and release the discs, but it hasn't happened to us and wouldn't be a big deal if it did! Totally worth it! So glad we got it!!" —Rechel B
Get it from Amazon for $84.99.
4. An arts and crafts library chock full of everything and anything to inspire your little one to create something fantastic and totally hang-on-the-fridge-worthy.
5. An old-school game like Battleship that'll give you an excuse to shout "I SUNK YOUR BATTLESHIP!" at your kid with delight.
6. Jenga to test their concentration and dexterity skills. Be gentle or the whole tower might come tumbling down!
7. A playhouse for your kids that looks like an actual lil' seaside shack and'll make your backyard a go-to destination for all the neighborhood rascals.
Promising review: "Purchased for my granddaughter. It was surprisingly easy to build. I was able to do everything aside from the roof by myself. She’s happily playing away." —ABW
Shipping info: Most packages will deliver within one to two days of the estimated delivery date. If you are a Red Card member you will receive free two-day shipping. Check out details on all holiday shipping information here.
Get it from Target for $299.99.
8. Pixar Uno, because why not gift them a traditional card game with a Disney twist? They'll love seeing their favorites like Nemo and Buzz Lightyear on the cards.
9. A scratch paper art set that'll take you right back to your elementary school days but also provide a fun way to keep your kiddos entertained.
11. A handmade stuffed animal with precious fairy-tale vibes unlike any other they own — each animal has a full backstory and an array of clothing to accessorize both the child and the doll with.
12. A classic game of Sorry! you probably played when you were a kid. You'll totally get a nostalgic kick out of breaking this board game out again with your own children years later.
13. Sidewalk chalk shaped like gemstones, perfect for kids to transform a blank canvas (like your driveway) into a masterpiece worthy of its own TikTok video.
14. A portable karaoke microphone that'll transform any living room into a party from the moment you and your kiddo connect it to the app of your choosing. Ahem, that's just me clearing my throat to treat you all to my rendition of Aladdin's "A Whole New World."
Promising review: "We need something to let the kids sing without having to turn on the whole karaoke system. This works like a charm. The Bluetooth connection helps as well. You can just turn on YouTube and look for any song and they probably have a karaoke version or a sing-along they can sing to. The range is also great. We were outside and the volume can be heard nicely." —Phong Bui
Get it from Amazon for $30.99 (available in 11 colors).
15. A durable digital camera, because they're definitely bored of being the one in front of the camera all the time. This will let them switch places with you for once and snap some cool pics of you instead.
16. A crystal-growing kit any wannabe scientist will be blown away by — I mean, look at the results! They'll have the best time ever watching their majestic crystals grow before repurposing them into a night-light.
17. Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit, which will turn your home into a real-life race course for Mario, Luigi, and the rest of the classic gang.
18. A Magna-Tiles set that'll surely be a big hit with any budding architect. They can use it to build all kinds of cool 3D structures, then knock 'em down and start again the next day.
19. A "Build-a-Flower" toy set your kiddo will love if they have big dreams of becoming a florist or simply love ripping dandelions out of the ground and sweetly presenting them to you while getting clumps of dirt all over the house. These flowers will last a *little* longer and be keep playtime a *touch* cleaner.
20. A Radio Flyer Play and Fold Climber that won't take up much space in your garage (it folds away!) and will keep your tykes entertained for hours. You're about to impress all the other parents on your block, that's for sure.
21. A unicorn slime kit with over 23K 5-star reviews that essentially prove kids and parents alike are big fans. Glitter, foam beads, and a gloopy substance — what could go wrong?!
The kit comes with everything they'll need to make their own slime! It's recommended for kids ages 7 and up.
Promising review: "This is the best slime kit I’ve come across. I saw it last minute before my daughter’s birthday (11) and thought I’d get it as an add-on to her presents. It ended up being her favorite gift! Her brother (8) joined in and made slime with her and she still has enough to make more of all types." —Elizabeth & Rick
Get it from Amazon for $23.95.
22. A bread- and butter-making kit for the little one who has been loyally watching The Great British Baking Show alongside you for years now.
23. The Book with No Pictures by The Office's own B.J. Novak that'll leave you and your mini-me giggling past their bedtime.
24. A Crayola light-up tracing pad, perfect for young artists who want to learn how to draw their favorite characters but aren't quite skilled enough to freehand them.
25. A safe wooden knife for any budding chefs who have outgrown their plastic play kitchen and want to get a bit more hands on with cooking.
Justenbois is a small business based in Canada that sells handmade tableware from maple wood.
Promising review: "My 4-year-old grandson cooks with me but moves too fast for a real knife. He made an entire salad with this brilliant, beautifully made knife. Fit his hands and he was a whiz right away using it because of the smart design. Every child should have one. Shipping was fast. Packaging was great." —graceannemchugh
Shipping info: Orders typically ship within five to eight days.
26. A Minecraft pickaxe that'll transform into a sword before your child's very eyes — talk about serious holiday magic!
27. A geode-breaking activity from National Geographic that'll give you and your kids an excuse to pick up a hammer and smash rocks in half. The best part? The cracked-open rocks will reveal stunning crystal centers you can learn about together.
Promising review: "We bought this for our boys who are 4.5. They loved the goggles and the magnifying glass that came with the kit. Breaking open the rock was a little more difficult than I thought. My boys definitely couldn't do it. You will also need to make sure you have a hammer and chisel to break them open. The rocks we got looked very different, which is great! One was black on the outside and one was a creamy white brown color and the insides were very different as well. The lighter-colored one was also much easier to open. The rocks are so much prettier in person and they really sparkle in the sun. It comes with a nice picture book as well. Great activity! Definitely recommend!" —Martin
Get it from Amazon for $19.99+ (available in two styles).
28. A knit animal hat and scarf for any animal lover — it'll be a great winter accessory that'll also double as a dress-up option during playtime.
29. Villainous, a must-have for all Disney fans who typically prefer the likes of Maleficent, Ursula, and Jafar. Hope your tyke's got their evil laugh prepared.
30. A flying LED disco ball that might just become the light of your, ahem, I mean your kid's life. No dance party would be complete without it!
This toy is ideal for kids 8 and up.
Promising review: "My kids love this flying glow ball! It’s easy to control, just keep your hand underneath and it will hover right over. I would only use indoors as we took outside and it flew over our neighbor’s fence! A little bit of wind is not good for this toy! Luckily we got it back, however learned our lesson to keep inside. It looks beautiful when it’s flying as the colors illuminate on the ceiling! Very cool in the dark too! Great price and a lot of fun!" —Brian "SpookYouLaterz" Lubecki
Get it from Amazon for $9.96.
32. Or a wooden stacking train little ones will love using as building blocks and you will enjoy displaying in their room as decor.
33. A Stomp Rocket, capable of launching up to 200 feet, to keep your kids busy and remind them to *literally* shoot for the stars.
The set comes with a stomp launcher and four foam rockets. It's recommended for ages 5 and up.
Promising review: "Bought for my 3-year-old nephew but became great outdoor fun for the whole family. 3-year-old loved it and could stomp and jump on the launcher without problem, sending the 'rocket' into the sky about 20 feet. The adults didn't hold back after a few trials and the toy held up to the heavy feet and launched the rockets extremely high, not 200 feet, but more like 75–100. Very fun trying to catch them on their way down too! Soft nerf and lightweight plastic made the toy safe and fun." —Brandy
Get it from Amazon for $17.99.
34. A Razor scooter that'll remind you of your own childhood as you watch your kiddo scoot around for hours.
I got reacquainted with a Razor scooter a few years ago (see above) and have been smiling ever since — seriously. I'm very accident-prone so pretty much everyone in my life begged me not to get on this bad boy, but I was determined to relive the fun of my childhood. Mission accomplished — it's SO fun. The bigger wheels make for a smooth ride and, honestly, it was quite a workout! I'd suggested snagging a helmet for your little one.
Promising review: "My 10-year-old daughter got an electric scooter for Christmas last year. This year she wanted a manual one. We live in New England. Have had a relatively mild winter so far, but she has kept the scooter inside. All three of my kids ride it in circles around our first floor! (My oldest is 16.5!) BEST CHRISTMAS PRESENT EVER! It was very inexpensive, but its rugged. Well made. Can't believe they are all getting so much use/fun out of such a simple toy. I will actually miss it when they have to take it outside. (Once it goes outside, it stays outside!) GREAT scooter!!" —Heather Adamson
Get it from Amazon for $29.92+ (available in eight colors and with or without a wheelie bar).