We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Bread Hair Oil, for anyone hoping to add some gloss to their 3a–4c curls (shout out to Australian Kakadu plum for making it possible). It'll also make hair shinier without making it feel greasy, which is #Goals.
Bread Beauty Supply is a Black woman-owned small business that was founded by Maeva Heim in 2020. All of their products are made to work with curls, braids, or however you want to wear your natural hair. It's particularly great for anyone with 3a–4c hair (but anyone can use it!) — and the packaging is all amazing.
Promising review: "This is my favorite hair oil! It is light enough to use every day, but also effective at smoothing my over-processed hair. I have fine, thin blonde hair and it's perfect for me. I think it smells like a dream, and I love how it dispenses a metered drop each time." —ankh
2. A revolutionary Ciaté London lip shadow starring the iconic Edna Mode you'll be able to build up into the pigment you prefer most while appreciating its lighter-than-air formula.
I'm a diehard Disney fan (a Disney adult, if you will) and was so excited when Ciaté London announced they'd be releasing a collection all about Edna Mode. I was gifted the entire set (squeeeeeeealing still!) but was the most impressed with this lip shadow. I had never tried a product like this (Ciaté London has an array of colors that aren't Disney-inspired) and right off the bat am extremely impressed. It's really easy to layer on the color and build it up so it's more pigmented, but I love that you can also go lighter with it and make it look like a subtle lip tint. It feels like air on my lips — like I don't have product on at all! This will 100% be my go-to travel lip product. You'll have a hard time convincing me that the brilliant Edna Mode didn't actually develop this herself.
Get it from Ciaté London for $20.
3. Stila's Glitter & Glow Liquid Eye Shadow, a must-have for anyone who would appreciate a little glitz 'n' glam any day of the week. This eye shadow is shimmery, fabulous, and simple to apply.
Promising review: "For the girls who love sparkly glam looks but hate the mess it usually causes, this is for you ;) I hate trying to wear glitter shadow and it ends up everywhere lol. This product is the perfect alternative, I can get a lovely glitter eye look and it stays put. Works well on its own or layered over other shadows." —hillarynreallife
4. Nars Blush, which comes in *so* many different shades (including cult favorite, "Orgasm"), you'll probably return for more once you see how nicely it adds some color to your cheeks.
5. Glossier Cloud Paint, which will add a touch of color to your cheeks with a quick swipe of lotionlike formula. Powdered blush? IDK her.
My colleague Jessica Seib loves Cloud Paint (as do many other Buzzfeed employees, myself included). She said:
"I'll be the first to admit that Cloud Paint in 'Beam' is a heavenly STAPLE. If you can't tell from the photos, it's both lightweight and moisturizing. The shade is super subtle, but equally as flattering on both a bare and full face of makeup. My daily *lewk* is forever changed — you won't regret buying!"
Promising review: "I like the formula: It blends out within few seconds with the fingers, has really soft (but buildable!) pigmentation, and has a glowy finish. Also, I was shocked how long-lasting it is — 10–12 hours without a problem. Highly recommend!" —P
Get it from Glossier for $18 (available in eight shades).
6. IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer you wouldn't think would be "fun" to use but you'll certainly agree with me when you see how it banishes your dark under-eye circles. It even boasts a 24-hour, crease-free, waterproof coverage without looking caked-on.
The concealer is paraben-, sulfate-, and phthalate-free, as well as cruelty-free and vegan. BuzzFeed senior writer Elena Garcia (as seen above) knows a thing or two about why this product is great:
"I've used a bunch of different under-eye concealers (all cruelty-free, of course) to hide the disaster that lives under my big blue eyes, but none have worked nearly as amazing as It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer. It gives me perfectly matte, full coverage without clumping up into the wrinkles of my eyes. It's supposedly waterproof too, but since discovering this concealer, I never cry anymore, so I can't say I've ever tested it out."
Get it from Sephora for $29 (available in 24 shades).
For Elena's full review, head to "This Concealer Totally Makes Your Under-Eye Baggage Disappear."
7. Milk Makeup Kush Lip Balm, THE product you can't leave your home without — it'll calm and hydrate your lips thanks to its cannabis seed oil, shea butter, and moringa butter.
BuzzFeed editor Kayla Boyd is a big fan of this lip balm:
"I love this lip balm because it's ~super~ moisturizing. The 'Green Dragon' shade goes on completely clear so it also makes a great base to wear under lipstick. It's ultra comfy to wear, nonsticky, and doesn't flake. Plus, the lid is magnetic and the overall packaging is really nice quality."
Get it from Sephora for $16 (available in two shades).
8. Sephora Retractable Rouge Gel Lip Liner with a creamy texture you won't be able to get enough of — it's so well pigmented you can even use it to fill in your lips entirely and forget about lipstick all together.
BuzzFeed Shopping editor Elizabeth Lilly says, "Hi, yes hello. That is my face above. I love this liner! I own several colors and DO match it to some of my lipsticks (regular and liquid) but TBH I often wear it solo, as I'm suggesting here. It's especially great for the summer when heat and humidity make it feel like any and all makeup is sliding off your face (even if it's not thanks to a good setting spray)." For more on why it's a staff fave, check out our full Sephora Rouge Gel Lip Liner review!
Promising review: "I absolutely love these! I got Creme de la Creme, Rose Wine, and Sink or Suede, and they all look good on my light medium skin tone. They are also very easy to use and the staying power is surprisingly very good. I have a few high-end lip liners and honesty prefer these over them. Definitely recommend." —jenstreet
Get it from Sephora for $9+ (available in 30 shades).
9. Glossier Boy Brow, because who wouldn't want flawless eyebrows every day?
My coworker AnaMaria Glavan is passionate about this product. Here's what she had to say:
"Believe the hype: this magic bottle is proof that not all heroes wear capes. The creamy formula, which comes in blond, black, clear, and brown (which is what I used!), goes on smoothly and doesn’t require a lot of product to do the job. I used the wand to brush baby hairs in the beginning/middle of my brow upwards, and then brushed the longer, toddler-like hairs at the end of my eyebrows, sideways. And one coat was more than enough! Boy Brow does what exactly what the Glossier brand claims to do; it gives me a filled-in eyebrow that doesn’t look filled in. The finish looks natural, which is exactly what I wanted — my facial caterpillars have never looked better."
Get it from Glossier for $16 (available in five shades).
10. Kaja Cheeky Stamp you'll adore for the easy way the blush will blend into your skin and for how freakin' cute the heart-shaped stamp is before you get to blendin'.
It's also cruelty-free, vegan, paraben-free, sulfate-free, and phtalates-free.
Promising review: "I’ll be honest, I was a bit skeptical about a cream stamp formula, however, Kaja changed my mind! The formula is super soft and blendable, and gives you the perfect rosy glow. You can use your fingers, a beauty sponge, or a makeup brush (I had great results with all of these applications!). I got shade 06 and, with or without makeup, I felt like it made me look fresh and awake! The packaging is super compact and the heart shaped stamp is super cute. With colder weather coming my way, I want to keep my skin as hydrated as possible and I’d like to minimize my powder products…so this is definitely staying in my product lineup!!" —khealss
11. Milk Makeup Rise Lifting + Lengthening Mascara, made of 93% natural ingredients you can count on to help you create the lashes of your dreams without thinking twice about them losing their curl or developing yucky clumps.
Promising review: "If you want lashes that give you that WOW factor, this mascara is IT! I do already use growth serum on my lashes but nothing gives me the length, curl, and definition this mascara does. Forget the lash curler, you won't even need it! Hands down my favorite mascara of 2022." —Mabelita89
Get it from Sephora for $14+ (available in two sizes).
12. Elizavecca Milky Piggy Carbonated Bubble Clay Mask that starts to bubble once it's applied — get one for you and each of your roomies and prepare for a fun night of selfies (all the while banishing your blackheads).
Promising review: "Wow! I purchased this on a whim after seeing one of my favorite YouTubers try it out. I didn't expect a lot from it. I tried it out and was shocked!!! The mask was simple (and fun) to use. I wasn't sure I felt a lot happening while it was on, but it was pretty cool how the bubbles started to grow off of my face. Upon inspection after using this mask I was completely amazed. My face felt cleaner than it has in a very long time AND my pores looked amazing! I don't remember a time when I felt like my pores looked great before using this mask. I would highly recommend this mask to anyone. It's also so much cheaper than the GlamGlow ones I have been using (and didn't see near these results from)." —K. Textor
Get it from Amazon for $13.95.
13. Fresh Kombucha 2-in-1 No-Rise Cleanser, a must-have for anyone who has been planning to put together a useful skincare routine but detests the thought of actually having to wash their face before bed.
My sister loves this cleansing treatment — and her skin looks fantastic. She told me she appreciates that it's no-rinse, so she can simply swipe it across her skin with a cotton pad and know she's done her due diligence of cleaning her face without all of the suds and splashes of water.
Promising review: "Very happy with this product! It doesn’t dry out my skin like most cleansers do and leaves my skin feeling very refreshed! It’s very convenient for taking makeup off in a hurry instead of using wipes." —laluna47
Get it from Sephora for $44.
14. Milk Makeup Bionic Glow, a magical hydrating liquid illuminator you can count on to make it seem like you've been out enjoying the sunshine despite the fact it's the middle of winter.
Promising review: "This is a beautiful product! It gives a subtle glow and doesn’t enhance texture on the skin. You can use it as a highlight on top of makeup or mix it in with foundation. I was worried the shade would be too dark but it was beautiful! " —Sasha
15. Peripera Ink Velvet Lip Tint that'll be easier than ever for you to integrate into your day-to-day makeup routine — it creates a long-lasting, weightless, buildable lip color you won't ever tire of.
Promising review: "Definitely will stay on your lips longer than your ex stayed in your life. It's not too sheer and not too vibrant, creates that natural look. I did a water scrub test and oh my, it sticks on my skin, it will smudge a bit but it won't make a mess, the smudge will be very light. It has a berry scent and I absolutely love it." —Vy L. Ng
16. Glow Recipe Avocado Ceramide Redness Relief you can count on to smell fantastic and leave your face feeling refreshed after the first application.
I absolutely adore this product! In addition to looking oh-so-pretty on my bathroom counter, it smells incredible and is soooo soothing on my skin. I always reach for this when I have a sunburn or, honestly, after tweezing/waxing my eyebrows. I love that it as a pump and doesn't leave my skin sticky at all.
Promising review: "I have dermatitis and very reactive skin. Love this serum, it made significant difference in my skin and even made it less reactive. I used to come out of the shower with burgundy face just from water, now it looks much less irritated." —Katushkin
Get it from Sephora for $42.
17. Mane Club Hair Masks, the perfect addition to your at-home spa night and leave your hair looking moisturized and healthy.
I will never never get over Mane Club's packaging. It's to die for. I've also had the pleasure of trying out their masks — they've left my hair SO soft and smelling amazing. During my pregnancy my hair was falling out and started feeling very brittle (why, hormones, why?!) and I was desperate to try and get it to some level of normalcy. I ordered this variety pack and the masks have made such a difference! My hair has been much softer, less greasy, and I love that one pouch lasts me three to four applications. Additionally, Mane Club is a small business based in California that sells cruelty-free, vegan haircare products.
18. Lovoir Flick Stick Winged Eyeliner Stamp, if you obsess over makeup tutorials but haven't been able to nail liquid eyeliner just yet.
Promising review: "Let me start by saying this isn't my first cat-eye rodeo. I've tried the taping method, normal liquid liner, plastic winged stamping devices, stencils, all of it! Well, this gem arrived and I immediately had to try it out, all while laughing at how terrible this would probably turn out...but to my surprise I put the left cat-eye on first and it was perfect. I thought this was a fluke and did the right eye...again, it came out clean and perfect! I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE BEEN ABLE TO DO A CAT-EYE IN UNDER 10 MINUTES, LET ALONE THE TWO MINUTES THIS TOOK TO DO! There were no sloppy streaks that I had to touch up or anything you would expect. Just a clean crisp line. I can now do a cat-eye EVERY day and look/feel like a badass. Everyone can think I spend hours doing my makeup in the morning." —LadyMeow
Get a set of two from Amazon for $14.97
19. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer to brighten your under-eyes and help you disguise that your Sunday Scaries kept you up way past your bedtime.
Promising review: "I am a makeup snob. I have stupidly high standards for cosmetic performance, and drugstore brands have let me down every single time I've given them a shot. So when I graduated from Covergirl to Sephora after college, I never looked back. My kit is full of Dior and YSL foundation, Armani concealer, Benefit brighteners, etc. But this thing is truly great. The sponge applicator is better than you think. Firstly, it's antimicrobial, so you don't have to worry about the hygiene aspect. Secondly, its ability to blend the product is outstanding. The concealer itself doubles as a highlighter, it looks good without primer, and it lasts so much longer than you'd expect." —Sarita
Get it from Amazon for $5.63+ (available in 18 shades).
Check out our full review of Maybelline Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Concealer here.
20. Biossance Squalane and Vitamin C Rose Oil to brighten and hydrate all skin types — soon you'll take a glance in the mirror and discover you actually *do* look like The Diamond of the Season a la Bridgerton.
21. BareMinerals Original Loose Powder Foundation that'll help you color correct and smooth out your skin without feeling like you've just applied a heavy layer of makeup before even getting the chance to add concealer, blush, etch.
My sisters and I have been using this product for over a decade (jeez, when did I get this old?). It's been a constant in all of our makeup routines — and a little goes a long way. One jar lasts for a longgggg time and I love that it comes in so many shades.
Promising review: "I’ve been using bareMinerals for about six months now and I can’t believe I waited so long to try it. It is hands down the best foundation I’ve ever used. Before I started using it I would need to use a concealer, it covers so well I don’t use concealer anymore. My husband says I glow. Yes it’s kind of expensive but in this case it is definitely worth it. I also just read recently that a solid 30% of women use bareMinerals. They’ve gained a lifetime customer with me." —Pheonixsunrise
22. Ouai Wave Spray from Jen Atkin you can quickly spritz all over your hair post-shower for an easy-to-achieve, frizz-free look.
I have naturally wavy (but frizzy) hair and after trying many products this is where I've happily landed. Ouai is the first brand I recommend to my fellow wavy-haired ladies. It's light, doesn't leave your locks feeling crunchy, doesn't have an overpowering smell, and keeps hair looking fresh. My only complaint is it doesn't come in a massive-sized bottle! Ouai also recently came out with a curl cream that I'm a huge fan of — it's lightweight and also does the trick (though the wave spray is still my favorite). In the photo above (right) I had literally thrown my head under my bathroom sink, towel dried it a bit, then added the spray and let it dry — not too shabby.
Get it from Sephora for $26.