1. So there’s this golden port-a-potty being showcased at the Austin City Limits festival.
The festival is having a contest in which six “lucky” winners will receive 10 single day tickets for one day of the festival PLUS 10 private passes to the golden port-a-potty.
2. There’s even a video tour online of the portable bathroom which, in case you were wondering, is made out of “pure 25 karat gold.”
This little oasis is way more than just a place to do your business.
3. The bells and whistles that come with VIP packages at festivals have come under fire in the past for being unnecessary.
A Rolling Stone article from May detailed how artists and promoters feel about things like air-conditioned tents, private pools, and other “high-end experiences” used to divide festival-goers. Jam Productions promoter Andy Cirzan said, “It’s so not rock & roll. You’re sitting in 90-degree heat and watching some asshole sitting in an air-conditioned tent getting a pedicure.” Add a golden toilet to the mix of festival extravagances and it makes you wonder what people won’t ask for these days to have a more comfortable time at a music fest.
A previous version of this article stated you could purchase access to the port-a-potty. In fact, access will be won through the contest.
- An adult film actress says Donald Trump, or someone on his behalf, offered her $10,000 and the use of his private jet to come to his suite.
- AT&T has made a deal to buy Time Warner — owner of CNN, HBO, and Warner Bros. — in one of the biggest acquisitions ever 💰
- The Chicago Cubs are heading to their first World Series since 1945 after beating the Los Angeles Dodgers 🐻
- A black metal band crashed a couple's engagement shoot and the photos are 🤘