1. So there’s this golden port-a-potty being showcased at the Austin City Limits festival.
The festival is having a contest in which six “lucky” winners will receive 10 single day tickets for one day of the festival PLUS 10 private passes to the golden port-a-potty.
2. There’s even a video tour online of the portable bathroom which, in case you were wondering, is made out of “pure 25 karat gold.”
This little oasis is way more than just a place to do your business.
3. The bells and whistles that come with VIP packages at festivals have come under fire in the past for being unnecessary.
A Rolling Stone article from May detailed how artists and promoters feel about things like air-conditioned tents, private pools, and other “high-end experiences” used to divide festival-goers. Jam Productions promoter Andy Cirzan said, “It’s so not rock & roll. You’re sitting in 90-degree heat and watching some asshole sitting in an air-conditioned tent getting a pedicure.” Add a golden toilet to the mix of festival extravagances and it makes you wonder what people won’t ask for these days to have a more comfortable time at a music fest.
A previous version of this article stated you could purchase access to the port-a-potty. In fact, access will be won through the contest.
- Donald Trump was sworn in today as the 45th president of the United States of America. 🇺🇸
- Over 200 people have been arrested as anti-Trump protesters and police clash in Washington, DC, during the inauguration.
- As one of his first acts as president, Donald Trump announced the end of certain Obama administration climate and pollution rules.
- Flights around the country are packed with pink as people stream into Washington, DC, for the Women's March, happening the day after Donald Trump's inauguration 👩❤️👩