1. When Jay Z and Beyoncé’s “On the Run” tour hit Ohio on June 28, fans noticed that Beyoncé changed a lyric to her 2006 song “Resentment,” singing “been riding with you for 12 years,” instead of the original, “been riding with you for six years.”
She also changed “like I couldn’t do it for you like your mistress could” to “like I couldn’t do it for you like that wack bitch could.”
2. The number change may allude to the fact that the couple have now been together for 12 years, which is striking considering “Resentment” is sung from the perspective of a woman who’s been cheated on.
The couple met in 2002 and married in 2008. Beyoncé also alluded to infidelity in her song “Jealous,” singing “I hate you for your lies and your covers.”
4. Hear the original version of “Resentment” here:
- President Trump has given House Republicans an ultimatum: Pass their health care bill Friday or he'll move on to other issues.
- The Republican health care bill is "anti-woman," said the president of Planned Parenthood, whose organization would be defunded by the legislation.
- The suspect in the London terror attack near Parliament, who was killed by police, has been identified as 52-year-old Khalid Masood.
- Donald Trump had a photo op in a semitruck. The photos were too good not to become a meme — and the internet delivered 🚛👍