2. On July 10, Azealia Banks tweeted that she was going to “get out” of her record deal with Interscope.
4. Banks has said she’s wanted to be released from her label deal for months. Back in January she tweeted she was “in hell” at Interscope parent company Universal and was “begging” to be dropped.
Prior to being with Universal, Banks signed to XL Recordings under the name Miss Bank$. As of July 10, her artist page on Interscope’s site is dead.
5. Naturally, her fans went crazy on Twitter.
9. A spokesperson for Interscope did not immediately return a request for comment.
- For the second day in California, protests against Donald Trump grew heated as demonstrators briefly overcame a police barricade.
- The U.S. Navy will now let sailors wear neck tattoos and sleeves, in an effort to maintain its appeal among young people ⚓️
- And do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz 💯