2. On July 10, Azealia Banks tweeted that she was going to “get out” of her record deal with Interscope.
4. Banks has said she’s wanted to be released from her label deal for months. Back in January she tweeted she was “in hell” at Interscope parent company Universal and was “begging” to be dropped.
Prior to being with Universal, Banks signed to XL Recordings under the name Miss Bank$. As of July 10, her artist page on Interscope’s site is dead.
5. Naturally, her fans went crazy on Twitter.
9. A spokesperson for Interscope did not immediately return a request for comment.
- The Russian government agrees with Donald Trump's comments that NATO is "obsolete," which the president-elect made during an interview published Sunday.
- BuzzFeed News spent two months mapping Trump's personal and business connections — and found more than 1,500 in all.
- Eight billionaires — all men — together own as much wealth as the world's poorest 3.7 billion people, a new report has revealed.
- There's a new HBO show called "The Young Pope" and the internet is having fun with it.