1. Music isn't a contest.
2. There are no real rules when it comes to making and loving music...
3. ...but that doesn't mean you can't learn from some of history's greats.
4. Music brings people together.
5. Don't judge a fan at face value.
6. Music is cathartic.
7. It's not always easy being a girl in music.
8. Everyone's taste is different, so don't get upset when people just don't ~get~ you.
So maybe someone thinks you're a weirdo for being a Phish freak. Or, you get side-eyed when you say you can't stand Ariana Grande. Whatever your taste in music is, it's OK to be different and to respect everyone else for being different too.