1. You got excited when it was fish and chips day on a Friday.
2. And when this was for dessert.
3. And there was always one kid who had an amazing lunch you were jealous of.
4. You weren't allowed to go out and play until you finished your gross lunch.
5. Dunkers, a Cheese String, and a Fruit Shoot was the perfect packed lunch combo.
6. A swanky lunch box was the perfect fashion statement.
7. And getting the spinning stool on the lunch tables was a rare luxury.
8. Two kids got married in the playground.
9. You came up with a discreet way to play British Bulldog.
10. You made fancy scoobies with your friends.
11. You and your friends got in a dramatic fight.
And if you were lucky enough to get your hands on the skipping rope it was the best lunch ever.
12. But all hell broke loose when a game of tug-of-war began.
13. Who stood in front of who when you were lining up in the playground was very important.
14. Best friendship could be traded for material goods.
15. And if someone brought in special snacks, they were the most popular kid in the playground.
16. "What time is it Mr Wolf?" was the most dramatic game.
17. You either played hopscotch and hoola hooped or you played football on the field.
18. You perfectly mastered the art of clapping games.
19. And the worst think that could happen was you'd end up with "lurgy".
20. But the best lunch by far was "wet play", when you got to play board games and make fortune tellers.
And found out what kind of car you would have and which boy in your class you were going to marry.